Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > KARNAC's FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2021, 06:25 PM
Super Late Model

Default Dirt, Revisited?

I am, and always have been, an asphalt guy.

That said, I also have historically enjoyed a dirt race or three annually.

But I am not so fond of the late model and modified current chassis setups and the racing it produces.

And then... we had a cup race on dirt. Conventional setups. And then...the SRX race on dirt. Reportedly the cars are built "square". Now does that mean no chassis offset? Apparently. Does that mean no left side weight? I don't know.

But I do know that the left rear wheel stays in it's freakin' wheel well, and I also know that the side by side racing was great.

Sooooooooooo, in hypothetical land, along the way I think they ran dirt cars on an asphalt track.

What do we think about essentially asphalt sportsman cars with either outlaw or maybe even template bodies--on dirt? The rules would include spring rates and suspension pieces to keep them close to how they are on pavement.
Old 06-21-2021, 09:54 PM
Super Late Model

I was watching some racing on MavTv last summer that was basically exactly what you're speaking of.Basically a template asphalt latemodel body on a dirt car that was essentially an outlaw street stock under the skin.I can't remember where they were racing at but I believe it was maybe in Minnesota or Iowa.It was entertaining enough and they had almost a 30 car field so car count wasn't an issue.I can't remember how they billed them Maybe template sportsman.It was the first I had seen of them but I would watch them again.