Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > THE RACING CLASSIFIEDS > GO KARTS - For Sale and Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Street Stock

Default go kart project, electric motor(x2), driveline, wheels, steering, etc

Motors and drive line in fine condition, steering too. All the parts removed from a Little Tikes 4931 hummer H2 suv vus. You can have the H2 body/frame too. Make your own kart, make it conventionally or FWD. Goes forward and reverse too.

It has two motors, one for each wheel. It has a switch to reverse the motors and go backwards. My idea was to add two extra switches. Allowing each motor to be reversed individually. This would allow you to "turn on a dine" and not even need a steering wheel, cool huh? If you dont like that idea, make it with conventional steering. The original steering parts are included and all work fine.

This first video is with both wheels going the same direction, its hard to see, because they are spinning so fast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPEhCmdgo4U

Note that with the throttle, the speed is adjustable. Here I just hooked up to a 12 volt battery charger.

The second video is with wheels going in opposite directions. This would make the cart spin or just flip the switch for a second or two to turn the vehicle, then return the switch to original position to resume traveling straight. I started and stopped it repeatedly in the second video, so you could see the wheels were spinning in opposite directions. Stop by and I can demo it in the real: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlvzrXVYWVw

west central FLORIDA
for faster response, email me (seller) ALLPAULCL ATat GMAIL .. COM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drive line floor post.jpg (63.2 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg john spin post.jpg (8.6 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg mtrs ele truck toy steer post (1).jpg (96.8 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg mtrs ele truck toy steer post.jpg (90.0 KB, 108 views)
Old 03-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Rookie

What happened to this project? I think its been a success. Hey if you got that in electric lets race in one of k1speed go kart phoenix track. Its indoor and they go electric karts with 20hp in it.
Sponsored Links