Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > KARNAC's FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2019, 11:59 PM
Sportsman

Default Ross Chastain

Way to go Ross on your first NASCAR Truck win! Awesome win for a Florida boy.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:29 AM
Super Late Model

Very cool, congrats to Ross!
Old 05-12-2019, 12:18 PM
Super Late Model

Default yes indeed

He put on a hell of a charge after that last restart.Racing luck finally turned his way when Friesen ran out of fuel.Good win.Especially for what you really wouldn't consider to be a top tier team.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:23 PM
Super Late Model

I was watching the pre race for the Nascar truck race tonight and heard Ross Chastain mention a name from my days in Ohio as someone who has been helping the bunch at Neece Motorsports.Lonnie Rush.Lonnie Jr (who I'm sure is who he meant) was a latemodel driver at Columbus Motor Speedway as well as in the ASA and also spent a couple seasons in the Nascar truck series back around 2000-2001 or thereabouts.He also raced in the old Hooters Pro Cup Series with his dad Lonnie Sr.Lonnie Sr.drove latemodels in central Ohio during the 70s and early 80s and also towed down south to race in the old Nascar latemodel Sportsman Series.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Super Late Model

Default Good move/bad move?

Ross Chastain announced earlier in the week that he is no longer running for a points championship in the Xfinity series this season but is now going to run for the championship in the Truck series instead.(Something I didn't even know they could switch)He was running second ( if his points would have been declared and tallied)in the Truck Series while he was 13th in Xfinity points a position below the playoff cut line.And he already had a win in the Trucks at Kansas about a month back.But here's the rub.His Truck series points reset to zero.He has to race his way into the top twenty in Truck points to be eligible for the playoffs.Which is doable.The bigger thing is his win at Kansas doesn't count since he hadn't declared eligibility for the Truck Championship when he got the win.So he needs another win.Sooo,good move or bad?
Old 06-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Good Move either way. I don't think he would have made the Xfinity playoffs anyway, now he showed everyone once again just like last year he is not affraid to bet on him self. Last year he took three races from CGR for free now he jumps to truck championship where he is a long shot what a way to go all in on your self. Even if he doesn't get a win everyone will be talking about him these next 9 races and the spot light is on him in once again under funded equipment.

I say good move
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links