Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > Complainers Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Matt Albee Matt Albee is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasson118 View Post
Also read a post by one of the LM drivers that the Entry Fee was $200, Non-refundable. I don't like entry fees as it is, but this seems much higher than normal.
If that number is accurate it would seem to be a little high. Sounds like he's trying to pay for his race off of the pit injector. But the posted prize money is a lot higher than the usual show.
He's using the model from the dragstrip he leases. The drag racers pay quite a bit at the pit injector, then the pool is divided up among the finishers.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Darren Darren is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 554
Default

Wasn't there a demo derby also. If so that would have been last and does anyone know if a lot of cars were there for that.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:16 AM
8modified 8modified is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 147
Default

All late models entrys and pits passes were refunded, check there Facebook page that is what the Track posted. The modifieds are running next weekend to make up the race. I hope they keep qualifying times and lineup.

They had a crowd in the stand and the pits last night.

Last edited by 8modified : 07-05-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #34  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:32 AM
BallewM's Avatar
BallewM BallewM is offline
Late Model
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 83
Default

It wasn't posted but modified teams were refunded pit fees for drivers and 1 crew member.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Jason R Jason R is offline
Late Model
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 93
Default just a thought

maybe all the complainers should get money together and put on a one night show at any racetrack, let everyone in free, slash prices on food and drink, charge no entry fee for participation, and give the payout for the late model race....I would probably leave the house for that one....The people did the best they could with the weather they were dealing with...rainouts happen...be glad you got to watch some kind of racing and that he is giving you $5 for the next one.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-05-2013, 10:01 AM
sunshinestateracing2 sunshinestateracing2 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 219
Default

I still do not get why they jack grandstand price for so called special events. I think the upset people are ones who paid the extra and did not get the extra show.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #37  
Old 07-05-2013, 10:29 AM
steadysteve steadysteve is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 125
Default Shame on you Yoho

Me and my brother were there last night.T"he Super Late Nodels got about 16 laps in,before the rain came.(more like a deluge) Because there was seepage on the tracks,they didnt run the rest of the SLM race,as well as the Open Wheel Modified race.

My biggest complaint is,yes the ticket prices were jacked up to $18 for seniors and twenty bucks for under 55 fans.Plus we had to drive 120 miles,which,hey cost us fans money,just as much as drivers pullind their rigs.

No make-up date was announced for at lest the late models.Then yoho announces five bucks off at next week's event.Well great.I didnt pay higher ticket prices to watch your compact and street stock classes./Thats a load of crap,Robert.I'm out 60 bucks,for an event that I didnt get to see.

The fireworks show was bad.(the rain didnt help) and QUIT advertising drivers that Dont show up.You had Travis Cope on the cover of your program,and he was a no-show.Plus,when we tried to talk to anyone w/ the track,after the race,they were not around at all.

Maybe next time,you can pay a little more attention to the fans,and not some french director (ooh la la) who's shooting a documentary.Plus,did you really have to get in to the double zero? What,trying to save money on a pay-out??

I love the track,but that crap you pulled last night,I guantee I wont be back for a while.

I love the track
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-05-2013, 10:29 AM
luke81 luke81 is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R View Post
maybe all the complainers should get money together and put on a one night show at any racetrack, let everyone in free, slash prices on food and drink, charge no entry fee for participation, and give the payout for the late model race....I would probably leave the house for that one....The people did the best they could with the weather they were dealing with...rainouts happen...be glad you got to watch some kind of racing and that he is giving you $5 for the next one.
It's a tough spot for both promoter and fan for sure. I have a feeling part of the frustration is that it sounds like the show started an hour late and then there was some kind of communication breakdown. Some people were posting that they were told by track employees that their rain checks were good for the rain date race today, which doesn't even exist. The lack of organization and communication is frustrating there. We were on the backstretch for the sprints a few weeks ago and since it was raining as we drove in I asked the lady who took my money what the rain check policy was and she had no clue at all. Then when we tried to leave someone locked the dang gate. And nothing seems to ever happen with any urgency there. Minor stuff, but annoying stuff for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-05-2013, 10:31 AM
steadysteve steadysteve is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 125
Default oops

I meant 15 bucks for seniors,not 18...my bad.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #40  
Old 07-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Jason R Jason R is offline
Late Model
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 93
Default griswold

Put a moose at the gates so everyone has a chance to punch it in the nose on the way out....make sure you don't forget Aunt Edna
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-05-2013, 11:08 AM
steadysteve steadysteve is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 125
Default Hey Jason R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R View Post
maybe all the complainers should get money together and put on a one night show at any racetrack, let everyone in free, slash prices on food and drink, charge no entry fee for participation, and give the payout for the late model race....I would probably leave the house for that one....The people did the best they could with the weather they were dealing with...rainouts happen...be glad you got to watch some kind of racing and that he is giving you $5 for the next one.
Anytine YOU want to help out w/ gas,next time I go 120 miles to Showtime (one-way) I would be estatic.Look,ok 5 bucks for the next event that I have no interest in.Wouldnt be better to at least,use that discount for the next Super Late Model race at Showtime? As long as you have that band,then it would at least make me feel better about last night.Yes,rainouts happen,but better prepardness of the track,maybe have gotten thwe full progran in.

Oh,and the figure 8 bus race,(sheesh is that racing?) wasnt that much,considering the fans love it.Oh well,I guess I'm complaing again....20 bucks for a bus race....whoopie!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-05-2013, 11:27 AM
MW68SS MW68SS is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 307
Default

My problem with it is this. After the 2nd big rain came thru that stopped the Late Model race he should have stopped the show then. He has had that track a year now so there is no way he didnt know he would have a leaking problem on the front straight after that rain. Instead of calling the show and letting everybody come back to see the complete program it appears he run enough of the races so he would not have to honor rainchecks. I dont mind paying extra for a special show but we paid extra for the back straight and extra per person and we got to watch Mini Stocks, Street Stocks and ROY. I dont care one bit about school buses and didnt stay to watch them after we heard the Late Models and Modifieds got cancelled.Why didnt he just call the show and redo the whole thing at a later date. It just seems kind of a cheap way of doing things to not have to honor rainchecks.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #43  
Old 07-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Jason R Jason R is offline
Late Model
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 93
Default Hey Steadysteve

Anytime I am planning on traveling 120 miles one way to a racetrack, I am probably checking a radar...And if in fact I do still decide to make the drive, I'm not going to complain about it...that would be called "my bad". I bought tickets to Disney once...got there it was raining, couldn't enjoy half the rides, kids had a horrible time...they passed out cash as I excited the theme park...haha
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-05-2013, 12:23 PM
zerofor's Avatar
zerofor zerofor is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,354
Default Thats A Load Of Crap Yoho

The Florida State Championship ....of what bullshit?35 BUCKS for me and a friend to get in to see your minis and street stocks?And by the way the word championship usually implies a longer distance event than your usual card,you didnt even tack any laps on the little bit of crap i got to see.You probably made more than a dozen anouncements to visit the food stands last night but you could only make one damn anouncement about not running the main events that was barely audible to anyone in turn four..I met a family of five at your front gate last night who were from Michigan.They were heading towards home today,they said to tell you thank you for them too.He said he alwayslikes driving 1500 miles for a mini show.After asking your track staff and being told they didnt even know what the makeup plan was i left.I WONT EVER BE BACK.Thats two plus one more
paying customer, once sometimes twice,a month you lost last night.Happy anniversary.Oh one more thing.GET A traffic light mounted on the outside wall in turn four or get a cornerman with a yellow flag before you get some sitting duck killed down there one night.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Matt Albee Matt Albee is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,503
Default

Ticket prices are ALWAYS jacked up for special events. That's true of every type of entertainment. Shouldn't be a surprise.
If you decide to go to an event, you can check all the radar you want to, but residents of Florida know full well that it could be a monsoon at the race track and clear all around. Or the reverse.
Refunds are a sticky problem for track owners. Even if they get rained out they've still got the nights bills to pay. Employees, concession food that can't be sold, electric bills, EMTs, etc. I believe they should refund the fans money, but I also see why they might not want to.
Money back because you didn't like the show? Not gonna happen. And it shouldn't. False advertising is one thing, but deciding the show wasn't worth the ticket price ( in your estimation ) doesn't rate a refund. Just means you should think long and hard about going there again.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #46  
Old 07-05-2013, 01:37 PM
BigBlock98 BigBlock98 is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadysteve View Post
Me and my brother were there last night.T"he Super Late Nodels got about 16 laps in,before the rain came.(more like a deluge) Because there was seepage on the tracks,they didnt run the rest of the SLM race,as well as the Open Wheel Modified race.

My biggest complaint is,yes the ticket prices were jacked up to $18 for seniors and twenty bucks for under 55 fans.Plus we had to drive 120 miles,which,hey cost us fans money,just as much as drivers pullind their rigs.

No make-up date was announced for at lest the late models.Then yoho announces five bucks off at next week's event.Well great.I didnt pay higher ticket prices to watch your compact and street stock classes./Thats a load of crap,Robert.I'm out 60 bucks,for an event that I didnt get to see.

The fireworks show was bad.(the rain didnt help) and QUIT advertising drivers that Dont show up.You had Travis Cope on the cover of your program,and he was a no-show.Plus,when we tried to talk to anyone w/ the track,after the race,they were not around at all.

Maybe next time,you can pay a little more attention to the fans,and not some french director (ooh la la) who's shooting a documentary.Plus,did you really have to get in to the double zero? What,trying to save money on a pay-out??

I love the track,but that crap you pulled last night,I guantee I wont be back for a while.

I love the track
Travis was there. Something happened, I don't know what, and he left before practice really started.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Doug22176 Doug22176 is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 155
Default

Citrus County Speedway July 27th Powell Memorial....come watch a late model race run how it should be!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-05-2013, 01:56 PM
zerofor's Avatar
zerofor zerofor is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,354
Default i will be at citrus county

And before last night if it rains at citrus that night i would probably have hauled freight towards showtime.Not now.Is Auburndale running anything that night so i have a backup plan?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #49  
Old 07-05-2013, 02:02 PM
leftfield leftfield is offline
Sportsman
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 37
Default

With weather in the area, why do you wait to run both big races at the end of the schedule? I understand the concession sales on a evening with a better weather forecast, but with the way it has been the last couple of weeks, sounds like he could have easily got the late models in last night.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-05-2013, 02:18 PM
zerofor's Avatar
zerofor zerofor is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,354
Default He could have handed out free tickets for a future event at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Albee View Post
Ticket prices are ALWAYS jacked up for special events. That's true of every type of entertainment. Shouldn't be a surprise.
If you decide to go to an event, you can check all the radar you want to, but residents of Florida know full well that it could be a monsoon at the race track and clear all around. Or the reverse.
Refunds are a sticky problem for track owners. Even if they get rained out they've still got the nights bills to pay. Employees, concession food that can't be sold, electric bills, EMTs, etc. I believe they should refund the fans money, but I also see why they might not want to.
Money back because you didn't like the show? Not gonna happen. And it shouldn't. False advertising is one thing, but deciding the show wasn't worth the ticket price ( in your estimation ) doesn't rate a refund. Just means you should think long and hard about going there again.
He knows full well a lot if those free tickets would go unused anyway.But no,he decides running what amounted to a heat race was good enough..Im sorry,you dont go to a concert,ballgame,flea market or tiddly wink festival where you pay to see a headline event and get sent home at the end of the night uninformed and basically being told ''we're good here''.B.S.





























event and get sent home at the end f the night being uninformed about any makeup plan and basically being told ''wer'
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-05-2013, 04:46 PM
dd38 dd38 is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,286
Default

Man I can get in for the Senior price! Woo Hoo!!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #52  
Old 07-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Frasson118 Frasson118 is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,418
Default

If it were up to me, which obviously it isn't, I would honor the wrist bands and ticket stubs at the make-up race, along with $5.00 to get in. Putting on a partial race, is still giving some kind of entertainment, and shouldn't go off completely free.

This way, you'd still get the show you paid for, and you kicked in a little for the show you DID see.

Can it get much more fair than that?

Those "good for next week" offers SUCK. I don't live close to any tracks.... they all take some travel to get to, and I RARELY show up at the same place twice in a row. 99% chance I won be back next week, but a 50/50 chance I will return sometime within, say, a month.

Not all fans at Showtime live in Pinellas County.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Gary J's Avatar
Gary J Gary J is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St Petersburg
Posts: 518
Default

Facebook said they refunded the entry fees, ministock.street stock and figure 8 buses were decent races. I got cheated at East Bay last year, 2 slow class races then rain before sprintcars could race, half the program, no rainchecks.

Last edited by Gary J : 07-06-2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: a
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:58 PM
bubba bubba is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,300
Default

A little off topic but about a month ago i got my refund from the DirtCar Nationals rainout during speedweeks. I was impressed they actually did it - earned some future business from me. Different deal than at showtime, dont think they should be refunding anything - but they should honor the wristbands/tickets for the main event some other time. Jerry's idea aint bad.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #55  
Old 07-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Bill E Bill E is offline
Bomber
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Default

I was there and I saw nothing wrong with what happened. It was all circumstances. In hindsight MAYBE they could have started the SLM race quicker but I'm sure they felt that if it rained they could dry it out and continue. I felt that way. It had rained that afternoon and they didnt have 'weeper' problems so I dont think they could have seen it coming. Yoho is hard headed and if anyones gonna get a race in, he will do it. As far as running all the support classes to get a show in, they did that because they felt at some point the track would get better. They could run those cars so they did. The problem was along the frontstretch wall. Mini stocks, street stocks etc can get by without using the outside few feet up against the wall on their treaded tires but the SLM and OWM cars run slicks and use the whole track. Eventually it became apparent that it wouldnt get better so that was that. We didnt get to see what we had planned on but I dont know what I would have done differently. We had a Kids feature, mini-stock feature, street stock feature, school bus figure 8s and demolition derby, It was finished at 12 and 75% of the crowd was still there. I had never personally seen a demo derby. That was insane. I hadnt witnessed 11 guys trying to kill each other at one time before.
As far as the money goes basically you get the difference back between a regular show ($15) and this one ($20). You can get the discount this coming weekend or use it the first week of August or so when the SLM race is rescheduled to, which is the next regular SLM weekend at Showtime. The purse is pushed to that race.
So to me it was a big old case of "It is what it is".
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Don Nerone Don Nerone is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasson118 View Post
If it were up to me, which obviously it isn't, I would honor the wrist bands and ticket stubs at the make-up race, along with $5.00 to get in. Putting on a partial race, is still giving some kind of entertainment, and shouldn't go off completely free.

This way, you'd still get the show you paid for, and you kicked in a little for the show you DID see.

Can it get much more fair than that?

Those "good for next week" offers SUCK. I don't live close to any tracks.... they all take some travel to get to, and I RARELY show up at the same place twice in a row. 99% chance I won be back next week, but a 50/50 chance I will return sometime within, say, a month.

Not all fans at Showtime live in Pinellas County.
Boy it sucks when I think ur right!!!!
The show was the supers and that is what they came to see If you ran it late in the show this is what u get.. so give them a rain check for any time for the rest of the season. suck up the local class purse that u payed out and everyone is happy. Then re do the show and u will have even more people buy tickets next week..
Rocket science???? not..

Don62
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Frasson118 Frasson118 is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,418
Default

Mark it on your calendars folks...... Don Nerone AGREED with me.

This will be the answer to a trivia quiz someday.....!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #58  
Old 07-07-2013, 05:15 PM
luke81 luke81 is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 303
Default

If I read their facebook post correctly the entry fee was 200$, and they were required to buy ten gallons of fuel and a full set of tires from the track. I'm a dirt guy and we obviously do things very different, but yikes. It costs less than that to enter 100,000$ to win dirt latemodel races.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Don Nerone Don Nerone is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasson118 View Post
Mark it on your calendars folks...... Don Nerone AGREED with me.

This will be the answer to a trivia quiz someday.....!
You must have run out of beer when u posted that....I wasent like you ....buurrrrp!!!!

lol
don62
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Matt Albee Matt Albee is offline
Super Late Model
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke81 View Post
If I read their facebook post correctly the entry fee was 200$, and they were required to buy ten gallons of fuel and a full set of tires from the track. I'm a dirt guy and we obviously do things very different, but yikes. It costs less than that to enter 100,000$ to win dirt latemodel races.
Ol Yoho is another one forcing racers to buy 10 gallons of way overpriced race gas they don't want and a set of tires they don't need. On top of a $200 entry fee? You just watch, they'll be forcing every racer to buy 2 hamburgers w/Cokes and 2 programs each before long. How long before every spectator is required to purchase a t-shirt and show the receipt before they're allowed to leave?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.



POWERED BY KARNAC.com since 1998
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Real Racin USA & KARNAC Media 1997-2007