Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > Complainers Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Sportsman

Default Tech Inspector change at Orlando Speedworld

Jeff Sutcliff, Tech Inspector at Orlando SpeedWorld has been replaced by Wayne Bunker, Jeff will still tech at New Smyrna Speedway. These changes were made earlier today.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Super Late Model

Well ain't that a step in the right direction.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Super Late Model

so why did they do that
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Banned

He most likelk DQ'D the wrong person. Just my guess.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Super Late Model

Wrong answer tuna, His attitude was poor towards many people for various reasons. Tech is not only for dq'ing people, it is a main contact with racers which requires customer service. Now I support FASCAR 100% but this was best for him and OSW. So zip it my friend. LOL
Old 06-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UREZ2PASS View Post
Wrong answer tuna, His attitude was poor towards many people for various reasons. Tech is not only for dq'ing people, it is a main contact with racers which requires customer service. Now I support FASCAR 100% but this was best for him and OSW. So zip it my friend. LOL
Well know what EZ, I am intitled to my opinion, so don't tell me to zip it!! LOL I hold by my opinion because I have been "Dumped" ( as TS says) by the same people that dumper Jeff. Did I love Jeff? One time I was 30 ft. from the truck he was "teching" and he told me to leave. NO, but then again its been said I don't like anyone.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Late Model

Jeff is like anyother person, treet him with some respect for the job he does and he'll do the same to you. He is the best and fairest tech we've had in some time. As far as him leaving orlando, i'm sure its a travel issue.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Super Late Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogame View Post
Jeff is like anyother person, treet him with some respect for the job he does and he'll do the same to you. He is the best and fairest tech we've had in some time. As far as him leaving orlando, i'm sure its a travel issue.
best and fairest maybe at orlando he dont check out car that good at nss inless someone puts up money or its a big race
Old 06-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Super Late Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaman View Post
Well know what EZ, I am intitled to my opinion, so don't tell me to zip it!! LOL I hold by my opinion because I have been "Dumped" ( as TS says) by the same people that dumper Jeff. Did I love Jeff? One time I was 30 ft. from the truck he was "teching" and he told me to leave. NO, but then again its been said I don't like anyone.
Jusr zip it man!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 02:36 AM
Super Late Model

Let's keep this fair, Jeff didn't want to tech at Orlando any longer due to travel reasons and put in his notice at the beginning of the season. He gave them AMPLE time to find a replacement...

I can't believe anyone allowed this to be published as a press release in this manner...he IS one of the best tech inspectors in the state and studies his job to ensure he is fair and right prior to making a decision. FASCAR is lucky to have him at all...Good luck Jeff and Wayne....

"His attitude was poor towards many people for various reasons."

Or you could say he didn't tell people what they wanted to hear....It's all in how you word it...

EJC do we really have to question who you are? Good looking car by the way!!!

Last edited by Tim : 06-29-2011 at 04:57 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Williamson View Post
Jusr zip it man!
Stick it Rick!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:06 AM
Sportsman

Quote:
[TIM] I can't believe anyone allowed this to be published as a press release in this manner
I must be missing something here......

Jeff is a good tech inspector but he needs not to have such a crappy attitude when teching!!

Last edited by GregFroehlich : 06-29-2011 at 05:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 05:14 AM
Super Late Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregFroehlich View Post
I must be missing something here......

Jeff is a good tech inspector but he needs not to have such a crappy attitude when teching!!
Said by someone Jeff has dq'd before....again maybe he just told you what you didn't want to hear...
Old 06-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Super Late Model

Are we talking about the guy that cannot tell the difference between a titanium axle and a polished axle. The same guy that thought it was stainless steel ? Tim I'll have to disagree with you on this one. I've seen countless times he did not know the rules. I do not want to take this to a bashing session but MANY of us are glad he left. I wish him well at NSS because we will still have to deal with him there until they bring in Ricky B, I wonder why they even have to bring in Ricky B ?

Any tech guys out there should drop off their resumes at NSS, in case this guys attitude don't improve there will be a job opening.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Super Late Model

Default Here We Go Again

looks like it's about to rain..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 07:23 AM
Super Late Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOE #15 View Post
looks like it's about to rain..
Your probably right Moe, I violated my own antibashing policy and threw a few darts.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Super Late Model

We'll stop this here.....Jeff is a good guy and does a good job.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:57 AM
Super Late Model

Thanks to Barbara for actually listening to a complaint the racers had. It seems OSW wants to try and turn things around.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 08:47 AM
Super Late Model

yeah thats and if you can see something wrong with a car from 20feet away they should ethier say something to him about changing it or dq someone so as far as the best tech lmao when you are a tech you need to know your shit and if someone have a questions about something on a car look at the rule book real quick and see if it says it in there tech look like idiots when someone calls something out and they dont do nothing that just aint being a good tech i know he got alot on his plate and there alot of cars to tech so why not make it easy on ur self if you see something that everyone can see dq them that one car out of the way just that fast but with him only having to do one track thing might change around he could of been just drain trying to keep up with that many car from two track we will see in the next few weeks hope things turn around and yes tim everyone on here know who i am but truth hurts if a car is not by the rulles give them alittle time to fix it i ran last and they said shit about my spolier being a 1/2 to big so the next weekend i had it cut down to 5 1/2
Old 06-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Super Late Model

No single tech person, even with an assistant, can keep up with 9 classes. A guy who is good at advanced classes like SLM or modifieds, will probably not have much interest in strictly stocks (which is full of all kinds of odd-ball cars), or even mini stocks with specialized 4 cylinder engines.

Suggestion: the non-V8 classes should have their own inspector for issues that are not safey related.

Chance of this happening: 0%.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Super Late Model

Default No Rain

Even tuna would agree with this.RIGHT
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Super Late Model

Quote:
Said by someone Jeff has dq'd before....again maybe he just told you what you didn't want to hear...
tim your wrong the car your talking about being DQ belongs to me. not my brother and trust me I don"t think you want to get this started on here. DQ for after market china made center dumps I had a reciept and two more brand new sets of center dumps china made. that I sent in for him to look at and you know what happen nothing still to this day no resolve. so I didn"t come on here and bash anyone but I did make a promise that car would never race again at that track with me as the owner and guess what its still in my shop parked race ready and now for sale thanks.

Randy Froehlich
Old 06-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Banned

I guess my problem is, how much authority does the tech man actually have? I'm sure you're not going to be the most popular official at the track. Far as I'm concerned there are a set of rules, Maybe and i say MAYBE, if its a new racer and theres something not quite right, maybe he gets one warning, show him the rule book, tell him it must be fixed before you return. If its a vetran racer blatantly doing something wrong, IE illegal clutch, illegal carb, all kinds of things that the experienced owner/driver knows about, DQ, period!! Where does the rules say you get a warning then next time dq'd? THIS has happened in the past. Also is the tech man expected to take flak week in week out, and never return any?Come on, rules are rules, they're not all that hard to enforce are they?? Maybe I'm wrong. This is NOT bashing, I'm simply asking.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Banned

Default Sorry I meant to also say...

Sorry about the multiple post, but there again it gives me the chance to see my name again, right friction?? I also believe its a BIG mistake for the race director to over rule the tech man, after all, as proven on here, no two people are going to agree on everything every time. Maybe if the tech man makes a mistake, during the following week he should be talked to and explained why in the directors mind he made a mistake but NEVER at the time the dq was made. To me that is just like the teacher correcting the student, maybe giving the student detention and the principal walks in and lifts the punishment in front of the class. From that day forward, no one in the class will respect the teacher. Same thing in the tech shed, just my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by modracer#8 View Post
tim your wrong the car your talking about being DQ belongs to me. not my brother and trust me I don"t think you want to get this started on here. DQ for after market china made center dumps I had a reciept and two more brand new sets of center dumps china made. that I sent in for him to look at and you know what happen nothing still to this day no resolve. so I didn"t come on here and bash anyone but I did make a promise that car would never race again at that track with me as the owner and guess what its still in my shop parked race ready and now for sale thanks.

Randy Froehlich
And let me guess, no one has called you to see what is wrong??????
Old 06-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Sportsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIM Said by someone Jeff has dq'd before....again maybe he just told you what you didn't want to hear...
Tim, I was asked to post this information about the Tech changes @ OSW from a member of the FASCAR team. I also posted it on my website. Why do you think it should not be posted on here? This is accurate news that can change things for OSW hopefully for the better.. I also do not know why this post got moved to the complainers corner!! I did not come on here to get things stirred up. I guess your assumption is totally wrong here!! Please read before you post anymore information before your next post!!! Greg Froehlich
Old 06-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Super Late Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregFroehlich View Post
Tim, I was asked to post this information about the Tech changes @ OSW from a member of the FASCAR team. I also posted it on my website. Why do you think it should not be posted on here? This is accurate news that can change things for OSW hopefully for the better.. I also do not know why this post got moved to the complainers corner!! I did not come on here to get things stirred up. I guess your assumption is totally wrong here!! Please read before you post anymore information before your next post!!! Greg Froehlich
Accurate??? Really??? Just to make sure I'm reading your message right, you were called yesterday and told that yesterday morning Jeff Suttcliff was let go(?) from Orlando Speedworld and had been replaced by Wayne ???? And they asked that you post that? In that fashion? I don't think so.....or at least I would really hope not....

My whole point in this is that someone could have called you to get you to correct this distorted version of the truth that they requested you to post in their behalf. Because I'm SURE they wouldn't want Jeff to be put in any type of negative light in what could appear to highlight themselves. I've known Jeff was leaving Orlando since Speedweeks and I'm sure I wasn't the first....

Maybe you should read my post as well or make sure you have all the facts before you post at someones request...I think you heard what you wanted to hear, and based on other comments made you obviously had some disdain for Jeff, and figured you'd get your own little kick in while "helping out".

And I have NO problem posting anything on this forum...However, because of our affiliations with others parties, I don't think it would be in the interest of anyone involved for us to do this here. It would do more harm to FASCAR as a whole than this pissing match would be worth. Tim Lake

Last edited by Tim : 06-29-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Super Late Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by modracer#8 View Post
DQ for after market china made center dumps I had a reciept and two more brand new sets of center dumps china made. that I sent in for him to look at and you know what happen nothing still to this day no resolve. Randy Froehlich
Randy, I'm not going to ask this to sound like a smarta$$ or you a dumba$$, I have a legit reason for asking.....You were DQ'd, what made you think there was anything else to resolve?
Old 06-30-2011, 04:28 AM
Super Late Model

Im not taking any sides on this topic so with that said im sure if i was the only tech guy at a track i would get frustrated trying to keep up with all the cars crossing the scales and on the other hand if there's something everyone can see on a car thats illegal an nothing is said or done as a racer i would get frustrated also.I agree with Boneman they need a tech that only deals with 4cyl cars cause there are alot of things you can do to them that you wouldnt know of you only build or tech V8's.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:21 AM
Sportsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Accurate??? Really??? Just to make sure I'm reading your message right, you were called yesterday and told that yesterday morning Jeff Suttcliff was let go(?) from Orlando Speedworld and had been replaced by Wayne ???? :
Again, Go back and read my post!!! it says "Jeff Sutcliff, Tech Inspector at Orlando SpeedWorld has been replaced by Wayne Bunker, Jeff will still tech at New Smyrna Speedway." I was never called to put this On the websites. I was asked through email.
Quote:
And they asked that you post that? In that fashion? I don't think so.....or at least I would really hope not....:
It does not say he was let go or fired or released!! Dude get your head out of the box. It was not intended to have any negativity on Jeff at all. Im sure most of the people can get on here and read and understand that Jeff is still with FASCAR at new smyrna. Im still missing something here or maybe you are not understanding it properly.
Quote:
My whole point in this is that someone could have called you to get you to correct this distorted version of the truth that they requested you to post in their behalf. Because I'm SURE they wouldn't want Jeff to be put in any type of negative light in what could appear to highlight themselves. I've known Jeff was leaving Orlando since Speedweeks and I'm sure I wasn't the first....:
So this statement is not true? "Jeff Sutcliff, Tech Inspector at Orlando SpeedWorld has been replaced by Wayne Bunker, Jeff will still tech at New Smyrna Speedway." And no you were not the first. It was just made public this week

Quote:
Maybe you should read my post as well or make sure you have all the facts before you post at someones request...I think you heard what you wanted to hear, and based on other comments made you obviously had some disdain for Jeff, and figured you'd get your own little kick in while "helping out". ....:
No thats not true. Im confused here. Was Jeff not replaced by Wayne? Who have you heard he was replaced with? Is he still at Orlando? please clarify your version..Like I have said before Jeff is a good tech guy. He is just a little too mouthy at times. Other than that I have no issues with him.

Quote:
And I have NO problem posting anything on this forum...However, because of our affiliations with others parties, I don't think it would be in the interest of anyone involved for us to do this here. It would do more harm to FASCAR as a whole than this pissing match would be worth. Tim Lake
Like I said please go back an read my post. Maybe you will understand it the way I tried to get it across to most people. I did not come on here to argue with you Tim!! Have A GOOD day Greg Froehlich

Last edited by GregFroehlich : 06-30-2011 at 05:38 AM. Reason: added more info
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links