Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > KARNAC's FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2018, 08:00 AM
Super Late Model

Default And the winner is?

Well in the case of the Charity Truck Race at Auburndale this past Sunday,not who won it on track.Jason Lester took the checkered flag in first but post race tech dq'd the entire top five except Becca Monopoli.From what I have been reading on Facebook all were dq'd for the rear end spools being lightened.Now it's a matter of opinion whether that got any of the other trucks up to the
front by the end,but I do have a belief that if four of the top five were guilty of it there is an excellent chance all five were.I could very well be wrong in my belief and post race tech said otherwise but any way you want to slice it some people once again went home thinking someone else went home with the trophy then who actually did.Which leads me to a question.Why is it I don't ever seem to hear about all these post race dq's in dirt track racing?I mean hardly ever.So whose tech procedures need reviewed? Are the dirt tracks so bad they couldn't catch a corvette in a four cylinder class or are the blacktop tracks doing such a lousy or selective job of enforcing rules that it always seems to pop up in the the big races?

Last edited by zerofor : 12-18-2018 at 08:03 AM. Reason: it's 8 am and I'm not a morning person
Old 12-18-2018, 08:52 AM
Super Late Model

The rule state rearend parts are to be steel and no light weight parts, spool was steel but weighed less than a stock one, Racecar Eng. sells this spool as a legal part for the Pro trucks, guess what? WRONG! it's illegal according to Ricky Brooks, I wouldn't doubt 90% of all the pro trucks have this spool if they are running a 9in Ford rearend,
Old 12-18-2018, 10:21 AM
Super Late Model

The winner is the person that takes home the trophy and the money.

If you are looking for "fairness", you get religion, and even then you have to wait.

Finding out the new interpretation of the old rules, or finding out the new rules that you didn't know about --after the race--is one of the most frustrating things about our sport.

On the other hand, being a tech guy with 20 guys trying to "interpret" (or circumvent entirely) many different rules to their advantage every week has to be frustrating as well.

My big thing(s) is that they should be laid out in advance, and administered equally. But ya know, that is neither here nor there.

Good thing I gots religion.

Last edited by OldSchool+ : 12-18-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2018, 12:02 PM
Street Stock

Default How did he know to look for the light weight spool going from engines to rear ends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerofor View Post
Well in the case of the Charity Truck Race at Auburndale this past Sunday,not who won it on track.Jason Lester took the checkered flag in first but post race tech dq'd the entire top five except Becca Monopoli.From what I have been reading on Facebook all were dq'd for the rear end spools being lightened.Now it's a matter of opinion whether that got any of the other trucks up to the
front by the end,but I do have a belief that if four of the top five were guilty of it there is an excellent chance all five were.I could very well be wrong in my belief and post race tech said otherwise but any way you want to slice it some people once again went home thinking someone else went home with the trophy then who actually did.Which leads me to a question.Why is it I don't ever seem to hear about all these post race dq's in dirt track racing?I mean hardly ever.So whose tech procedures need reviewed? Are the dirt tracks so bad they couldn't catch a corvette in a four cylinder class or are the blacktop tracks doing such a lousy or selective job of enforcing rules that it always seems to pop up in the the big races?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool+ View Post
The winner is the person that takes home the trophy and the money.

If you are looking for "fairness", you get religion, and even then you have to wait.

Finding out the new interpretation of the old rules, or finding out the new rules that you didn't know about --after the race--is one of the most frustrating things about our sport.

On the other hand, being a tech guy with 20 guys trying to "interpret" (or circumvent entirely) many different rules to their advantage every week has to be frustrating as well.

My big thing is that they should be laid out in advance, and administered equally. But ya know, that is neither here nor there.

Good thing I gots religion.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:41 PM
Super Late Model

"Never leave your buddies behind"--Marine slogan

In racing the words are the same, but the meaning is different.

Regardless, congrats to Becca.

Last edited by OldSchool+ : 12-18-2018 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:48 AM
Super Late Model

Default RB Has X-Ray Vision

The best tech guy is the birdy in the tech guy's ear. That's how he knew.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links