Old 01-25-2019, 08:20 AM
Super Late Model

Default Tony Stewart's hauler

Tony Stewart's hauler has arrived at Hendry County Motorsports for this weekends USCS double-header. I can't wait: I am going with some old friends who I have not seen for a while, and we'll see some kick-a$$ racing too.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:24 PM
Super Late Model

hopefully a good field followed along with him.That place has had a lot of renovations done since it's lengthy closure.Hopefully a good show turns out with a full field.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:46 AM
Super Late Model

They had 19 sprints, and many of them were legit heavy hitters. Old veteran Danny Smith won from the pole, but the fact that he had a broken suspension part made it interesting. It slowed him down in the corners and kept second place working him over the whole way.

The mini sprints had a good race too.

Yes, everyone is dying to know: they DID have soap in the bathrooms.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2019, 09:14 AM
Super Late Model

I heard the track was really incredible with some guys on the top, some guys down around the bottom and some guys in the middle. Not really, I watched online and saw for myself it was the same track as it has always been. I'm glad there's still people like Ken Kinney willing to try though!
Old 01-27-2019, 09:07 PM
Super Late Model

One lane for the sprints? Yeah, that is a fair assessment.

As the track renovations continue, and as the health of the whole enterprise improves, I wonder if the management has considered also improving the racing surface? It seems like that would be an excellent place to crank up the grader and convert it to progressive banking.

I was there with some friends who know racing, and who have competed there for many years. They say the banking is the opposite of progressive, in other words, the higher up you run, the less banking there is. Hence the one groove racing in the faster classes.

Could it be as simple as fixing it with the grader?
Old 01-28-2019, 07:21 AM
Super Late Model

It could be, I don't claim to know how to work a dirt track in but I do know when they're fun to race on, and funnest to watch, and I HAVE seen a couple people who do know how to and they're never crowned, no. I've always found track owners extremely open to shutting you down entirely and/or getting their feelings hurt if you open your mouth and mention anything at all, no matter how much it will help, even if it's free. I guess consider yourself lucky you didn't have to use your hand to wipe.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2019, 09:48 AM
Super Late Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneman View Post
I was there with some friends who know racing, and who have competed there for many years. They say the banking is the opposite of progressive, in other words, the higher up you run, the less banking there is. Hence the one groove racing in the faster classes.
Could it be as simple as fixing it with the grader?
A lot of dirt tracks end up with that flattened out line right up by the wall over time for some reason. And yeah it's just dirt, it'll move! But I think a lot of track operators either lack the equipment or the knowledge of using the equipment to just put the blade down and dig. But the fact that the surface isn't 93% rocks anymore is a major improvement!
Sponsored Links