Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > Nostalgia & the Good Ole Days > Where Are They Now?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Street Stock

Default Fenton's fault!

Reading some of the posts here got me thinking that getting old should be the time to come full circle and return to my first love, Drag Racing! I know, Im to old, to heavy, to slow, and to busy with the "professional" sponsorship deals that keep the "big" boys in their toys on TV but Im also to stupid not to. In that mindset, I uncovered a "barn find" 68 Hemi Dart (a real one) outside of Bishop California and made some delagation of the business to others to free up some time and off I am playing again. Driving the hauler back from a round trip to Griner Engineering (Steve and I went to school together) then to Mosher for the rear end and Kammer racing in Dayton for the bullit this old Florida boy had a lot of time in black ice & snow to curse Fenton for putting the seed in my head with his posts here. Now as I drip dry from another night building this mess into a race car I remember why we all retired to the couch and ESPN. Come to think of it now I ought to thank he and Linda, Kenny and Marshal Faircloth, James and Jeter Nelson, The Wescotts and a slew of others for getting me out of the drivers seat years ago and teaching me the real world of racing. Adrenilin rush is wonderful but the real world is the real people you meet and the aforementioned are, if nothing else, the real deal!