Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > Jack Smith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Super Late Model

Default For Jack

Isn't it funny how sometimes when something happens, that it has a way of putting things in perspective. Obviously Jack's situation is very heartbreaking, but through Jack's love of what he started here, maybe all of the participants on this board, especially old ones we don't hear from anymore, can come back together again in a civil way, for his sake, and we can all start to have fun on here again. I believe that would be his wish, lets do it for him.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Super Late Model

Jack has been a great friend for along time to alot of us, Jack we thank you for everything you have done for the racing community. Hang in there buddy we will be thinking of you.

Greg Roeback
Team PGS
Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Street Stock

Carol, thanks for being a friend,

Jack I want you to know that Fabienne and I are praying for you, Gary McFall and the Snotrag Racing Team is keeping you in their prayers, You are in our thoughts, may God remove your pain, and your family bring you comfort, we are all pulling for you!!!

Dave and Fabienne, Desoto Speedway.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Bronze Member

My thoughts and prayers to the family I pray for the his last prayer would be granted .. at least .. how so sad ..
Old 07-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Inturn4 View Post
Isn't it funny how sometimes when something happens, that it has a way of putting things in perspective. Obviously Jack's situation is very heartbreaking, but through Jack's love of what he started here, maybe all of the participants on this board, especially old ones we don't hear from anymore, can come back together again in a civil way, for his sake, and we can all start to have fun on here again. I believe that would be his wish, lets do it for him.
. Well said my friend
Old 07-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Super Late Model

went in to visit Jack today, did not want to distrub his time with his family but knew Carol was there for the second day in a row so i just wanted to make sure if there was anything i could do. Jack was glad i came by and held my hand for a while. It truly is sad to see some one you have known for years like that. Jack is so aware of everything and alert but the pain is overwhelming. remember his family also in your prayers that god gives them the strength to comfort and care for him. Carol you are a great friend and Jack truly showed how much he needs and depends on you. i told him about how everyone on FB was changing their picture to "it's Karnac time" and he did not know what to say, and how he never knew that the racing family would support him like they are. he is truly grateful.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Super Late Model

Default Not good news...

the procedure to implant a pain relief dispenser didnt work. they couldnt get it to go in. so tonight they will put Jack on enough morphine to keep him comfortable. tomorrow they are going to try to catherize it. i hope i just used the right word or i will be embarrassed to death. lol. thread it thru?
please pray for Kathy. she is over tired and scared to death. the girls also... this has been an aweful day and i pray tomorrow brings Jack relief. i cant go back tonight. im soooooo tired. just wanted to keep you up to date.
much love
carol
Old 07-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Super Late Model

Wink

Hang in there Jack. Oh and thanks for having me on your raido show all thoughs years ago in Orlando with Jerry and Don. And thanks for all that food that was there.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Super Late Model

Default Update!

the news is not good. Jack doesnt want to go thru that surgery again. it simply prolongs his agony and he is ready to go. in fact he is begging for peace. his body is now riddled with tumors and his organs are starting to deteriorate..
jack called his wife early this morning (3 a.m.) to say goodbye....
so please ask God to spare Jack anymore pain and take him "home"... that will be a blessing.
i know some of you might think im hard but i love jack with all my heart. he is one of my closest friends. i would never ever say or do anything that would hurt him or his family. this is Jacks wish so it became mine... there is no hope of him ever recovering to any kind of a normal life. i hope you understand my truest feelings. i am so sad i can barely do things i need to do. i am floundering thru the days...
Thank you all so much for your love and support... it has made Jacks days happier... i read him your posts and he smiles. sometimes he cries because he is so overwhelmed by your love... they are happy tears. Thank you and have a blessed day. I havent been to the hospital yet today but the news is from his wife and daughter. Please keep them in your prayers too. Life has been really tough on them. i will keep you posted. im feeling a panic attack so i think i will drop everything and go see Jack.
carol wicks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Super Late Model

Default Room Change!

i cant call everyone as it is time consuming and there are so many of you so please keep up with these posts and rewrite them on facebook for me. Jack is now in room 210. For the first time in months Jack is sleeping on his back and snoring. what blessed news!
Keep the prayers alive and strong. i am heading to the hospital shortly so will keep you posted.
carol wicks
Old 07-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Super Late Model

Hopefully they will sedate him to keep him comfortable. It crushes me to hear this because I went through the same scenario with my father. I pray God has mercy on Jack Smith and relieves his pain and suffering.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Super Late Model

Carol, Thanks for all you are doing. Jack, everyone at FASCAR will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Super Late Model

Default Kim..

thank you for calling. i have printed posts and kept note of calls and will make sure Jack gets them. (and Kathy). Thank everyone over there and we all understand why it is so difficult to travel so far. will keep you informed.
carol
Old 07-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Super Late Model

Okay my old friend, I am praying for you and Cathy and the girls as hard as I can. I know this is not easy and I know you are tired and I definitely understand the pain is too much and you are done with it, but like most humans, we always hope there is a miracle out there for you also. You helped me when my friend Julie died from cancer. The wonder drug after her stem cell transplant wasn't a wonder drug for her and basically killed her and you were there for me late at night when I needed someone just to listen. She was also in severe pain from bone marrow cancer but somehow they managed to keep her comfortable enough to die at home.

I really want to come and see you and if I can find the gas money, I will be there. But please know you are in my prayers and thoughts along with Cathy and the girls. We have shared alot together in racing and just as friends. Your sister's unexpected death to Julie's to a number of things. That is one thing we could always do, talk to each other about anything.

My prayer for you is easy. God please bless my friend Jack, ease his pain, and hold him in your loving arms until there is no more pain. And please make sure when he does make it to heaven, that you have a few computers for him since he would be lost without them. He'll make you a great writer for your heavenly papers.

Cathy, I am here for you anytime and the girls. May God bless all of you and help you thru this very hard time. I know how long you and Jack have been together and I have spent many wonderful hours with the two of you and you were always such a perfect match. If you need me, just call (321-454-3432) and I will be there.

God bless you all and you are in my prayers and always in my heart.

Jane (the other Smith but not kin to Jack Smith)
Old 07-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Super Late Model

Default Big move!

They just packed Jack up on a gurney to go by Ambulance to hospice in Sarasota. It is somewhere on the west side of Clarke Road. the move from bed to gurney went nice and smooth as they had given Jack a huge dose of morphine....Bob Culbertson came to port charlotte to pray with Jack and it seemed to calm him down alot. Rick Warren also came and even had Jack laughing. Bill Green stopped by and Jack was very happy to see him.when any of you called we told Jack and he would look up and smile. you will never know how much you have made Jack smile. as always Jacks wife and daughters and his friend Mick and i were there...
He slept quite a bit today and in fact was snoring loudly. was like music to us because all we had heard was his pain. so today was as good as it could be.
NORMA....please paste this on facebook. i need to head to Sarasota. BTW after tonight you are welcomed to visit the hospice. i will post info or you can call my cell... 941-380-4180...
thank you. Have a happy night and pray for our dear friend.
carolwicks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Super Late Model

Default Jack Smith

Our thoughts and prayers for Jack and his family at this most difficult time. It is wonderful to see the motorsports community pull together for someone who has done a great deal for our sport for more than 10 years and this board is certainly not at the apex of his positive achievements.

Janet & Marty Little
Old 07-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Super Late Model

Default Whew Finally!

I just got on line agin after being down for a while. I spent some good time with Jack today and his spirit was good, although he was in a lot of pain. His mind is sharp. We talked about things that happened 15 years ago and he remembered stuff I had forgotten. We carried on a good conversation. He still
thinks racing. It was good to hear him talk about old times and he was heartened to hear all the support he has gotten from all you guys. I want to thank all who have shown their love for Jack in these last weeks. It is special to be a part of a communiuty that lays its differences down to support one of its own. I delivered all the thoughts from all who contacted me and he was touched. Thanks Agin... Bob....
Old 07-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Administrator

I just got back from Hospice. Jack and I talked, he drifited in and out but is not in near the pain he has been. He is weak but his mind is still there. Craig Clarke, Dave and Fabiene from DeSoto and of course Carol Wicks were also there. Kathy and I also got to talk also which I think was a big relief for both of us. He was sleeping sound when I left and his daughters were there....It was tough....

Rick Anges -
Announcer/
Admin-KARNAC.com Message Board
rick@karnac.com
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Super Late Model

Default Last update for tonight....

sorry. just got home. Jack is in a lovely room at Tidewell Hospice in Sarasota. He is getting wonderful care and they basically give him all the pain meds he needs. he is seeing friends and knows all of them. he is also finally getting much needed rest. i felt comfortable leaving him tonight and i need some good sleep. lol i give him all your messages and he smiles. Jack is well aware of everything going on around him and remembers EVERYTHING! ;-) Rick Anges and Craig Clarke came to see him tonight. also Dave and Fabienne Cazemiro. Jack was so happy... so until tomorrow... SNORE!!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Super Late Model

Default more...

Jack is in Tidewell Hospice in Sarasota. its off Clark Rd. on the west side of 75. I will post the address in the morning. im so tired now i cant think of much...lol nite. when i left Jack was snoring, his wife was with me coming back to Port Charlotte and the girls HOPEFULLY were quietly sleeping! ;-) Good night all.
carolwicks
p.s. anyone can visit at anytime! its lovely...
Old 07-27-2011, 01:05 AM
Bronze Member

Carol, please pass on my regards to Jack. My prayers are with him. When I first got involved in race reporting, Jack was one of the first people to reach out to me and offer support. We talked on the phone for a long time and he was very supportive. Please tell him Hospice will be such a blessing to him and his family. They were wonderful with my mom and me while I took care of her. Please tell him don't beafraid, he is just taking the end journey from this life to the next life, an eternal life that has been promised to God's children. One of great beauty, peace, no pain and an awesome reunion with loved ones that have gone before us. I totally believe he will be able to watch over and be close to his famiy and embrace them with his love.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Super Late Model

Default FSCAgal...

Hi... Jack is ok with that. Bob Culbertson read from the bible with him yesterday and Rick Bristol today. He was brought into the Christian family last year by Rick and it has brought him alot of comfort in the knowledge that he is headed for a better place free of worry and pain.
Since he has been at hospice things have been so much better. he sleeps well and they work hard keeping him comfortable. the place is beautiful and the people wonderful.
i wont be able to sit there all day today because things are falling apart at home but i will stay in touch with Kathy and Alisa and keep you posted. Thank you.
carolwicks
Old 07-27-2011, 06:28 AM
Super Late Model

Default Carol

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for what you do. I dont know you or Jack but bless you both. There are alot of very good people here.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:44 AM
Super Late Model

Default OW

thank you. i love my friends dearly and i cant do too much physically but try to bring them comfort in other ways. it feels really good to know people appreciate kind acts but i would do it regardless. ;-) hey BTW... ya have to know i love my OWM guys! ;-)
carol
p.s.
havent been able to contact anyone up there yet. i will update when i do. Thank you again for your kind words.
carol
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Super Late Model

Default Address & Phone #....

The address of the Tidewll Hospice is 5957 Rand Blvd., Sarasota 34238.
Phone # is 941-921-0861.
Jack is in room 2. Visitors are allowed 24-7 and anyone can come. Jack is disturbed by alot of loud noise so please respect that.
As we speak, Rick Bristol is ministering to Jack.
Thank you... Jack welcomes you all... however he has been sleeping more ...;-)
carolwicks
Someone please put this all on facebook. ;-) duh...

Coming off I75 get off on Clark Road. Head west. after the 2nd. set of lights (Approach Ave) i think its ave... take the very next left on Rand and follow the gorgeous road to the end. .
Old 07-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Super Late Model

Default thru the night...

The nurse said Jack had a peaceful sleep. when he woke up he was a bit disoriented but after a minute or so knew what was going on. Rick Bristol is ministering to him and we are ready to face another day. ;-) its sad and its exhausting but its such a huge relief to not hear Jack hollering in agony. He has made people laugh and made everyone feel comfortable talking to him. God bless the people at Tidewell Hospice. you are truly God's angels of mercy. You sent my mom to heaven with dignity and love. Many of us have stories to tell about hospice... if you can, send a few dollars to hospice to help defray their costs. until youve been there you couldnt possibly know what they do. ;-) thank you hospice for making my dear friend so comfortable.
carolwicks
Old 07-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Super Late Model

Default Norma.

please post this on facebook. i think you have to section it because they only allow a certain amount of words. Thank you. Hug...
carol

thru the night...
The nurse said Jack had a peaceful sleep. when he woke up he was a bit disoriented but after a minute or so knew what was going on. Rick Bristol is ministering to him and we are ready to face another day. ;-) its sad and its exhausting but its such a huge relief to not hear Jack hollering in agony. He has made people laugh and made everyone feel comfortable talking to him. God bless the people at Tidewell Hospice. you are truly God's angels of mercy. You sent my mom to heaven with dignity and love. Many of us have stories to tell about hospice... if you can, send a few dollars to hospice to help defray their costs. until youve been there you couldnt possibly know what they do. ;-) thank you hospice for making my dear friend so comfortable.
carolwicks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Administrator

I posted it...

Rick Anges -
Announcer/
Admin-KARNAC.com Message Board
rick@karnac.com
Old 07-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Super Late Model

Default Thank you!

i think i talk too much! rofllllllllllllllllllll nah! you know me better. ((((((hug))))))))
carol
Old 07-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Super Late Model

Default Heeeeeeeere's Jack!

Dave and Fabienne Cazemiro stopped by to see Jack last night. They presented him with this hat and really brightened his spirits... Thanks guys. you are awesome.
Carol
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links