Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > Comics Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Gold Member

Default A real life "death panel"...

you want to bring this here?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...are-limit.html

"She said she was told that because she had not reached 22 weeks, she was not allowed injections to try to stop the labour, or a steroid injection to help to strengthen her baby's lungs."

refusing care too an extreme preemie is one thing. refusing injections to prevent premature delivery is something else altogether.

"The guidance, ... is not compulsory but advises doctors that medical intervention for very premature children is not in the best interests of the baby, and is not 'standard practice'."

doesn't even have to be law to be used as an excuse.

AC Automotive - mechanical issues
1112 Old Dixie Highway, Bldg C-6
ph: 772-569-6121 ask for Ray Cook

Suncoast Auto Body - paint, collision repair, frame straightening and Auto sales
1050 Old Dixie Highway
ph: 772-562-3001 ask for Leon Turnage

IN
famous for my INtemperance on the INternet.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Super Late Model

Don't know why you put this in the comics corner.

This is unacceptable. Care should have been provided to prevent the premature birth. Once the baby was born alive, care should have been provided to attempt to save it. Doctors take an oath to save lives. I'd name it but I can't spell it. I don't believe the "health care system" of Britain is to blame. These appear to be world wide guidelines. Even the doctors in the US said they wouldn't attempt to save a baby less than 22 weeks. Amilia Taylor was saved because they thought she was 1 week longer in the womb than she actually was. However, I believe the doctors in this case are to blame.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Late Model

I agree. The doctors in this case are to blame. It seems as though doctors these days are so scared of being sued, that they would rather hide behind some guidelines than do whats right. It's only guidelines. I mean, come on, 2 days short of 22 weeks? Thats as much an ethical issue as a health issue. Sorry, but if I were the husband, someone would have been getting their ass kicked over that one. You're just gonna let my baby die? I don't think so! It sounds like they made a judgement call based on statistics and left out the human element that led them to become doctors in the first place.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Super Late Model

Default hate to say it but....

there is very little regard for human life anymore. its all about $$$$$$$$..... any doctor who performs partial birth abortions and other procedures allowing a baby to die without taking every effort to save its life, to me is no better than someone who murders a child...same thing....this is something that people need to read about. i agree it should not be in comics but if thats where people go to read daily then its ok... knowledge is knowledge no matter where you go to soak it in....
doctors are responsible for a huge amount of drug addiction in the world too. they pass out pills for anyone, for any reason... cause comes after the addiction... the medical ethics are slowly disappearing... wonder what happened to the hypocratic oath...i guess the same thing thats happening to the bible....i have a close friend whos son was born in the 80's. he weighed less than a pound at birth...every single method known to man was done to save his life...he is a little behind in skills but graduated from school and working a steady job. he is a loving good man and i for one am glad hes in this world...
i think alot of people are unaware of the things that go on in the medical world... it needs to be exposed!!!
good post!!! thank you...
carolwicks aka oz
Old 09-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolwicks View Post
there is very little regard for human life anymore. its all about $$$$$$$$..... any doctor who performs partial birth abortions and other procedures allowing a baby to die without taking every effort to save its life, to me is no better than someone who murders a child...same thing....this is something that people need to read about. i agree it should not be in comics but if thats where people go to read daily then its ok... knowledge is knowledge no matter where you go to soak it in....
doctors are responsible for a huge amount of drug addiction in the world too. they pass out pills for anyone, for any reason... cause comes after the addiction... the medical ethics are slowly disappearing... wonder what happened to the hypocratic oath...i guess the same thing thats happening to the bible....i have a close friend whos son was born in the 80's. he weighed less than a pound at birth...every single method known to man was done to save his life...he is a little behind in skills but graduated from school and working a steady job. he is a loving good man and i for one am glad hes in this world...
i think alot of people are unaware of the things that go on in the medical world... it needs to be exposed!!!
good post!!! thank you...
carolwicks aka oz
I wonder if you knew about Obama's stance on partial birth abortion before you voted for him? If you did and you still voted for him how can you live with that? If you didn't know it and voted for him you should have researched it!!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Super Late Model

Default OSF aka roundtracker

you are turning into a hateful nasty old man. how would you know who i voted for and what business is it of yours. im sick of your evil shit on this board......well pick on me if you want because that way you will leave some other decent person alone.... sorry i ever met you....
carolwicks aka oz
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Super Late Model

He,he another case of mistaken identity. You should have quit while you were ahead. So before OSF gets on here and starts in, I'll just say STFU. Stump The Fans United. I'll let Roundtracker speak for himself.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Gold Member

Don't know why you put this in the comics corner.

because the subheading for "Comics Corner" is:
"A forum for no good reason other than you asked for it....blame Fenton, it's his fault. Also the perfect place for you modern day political experts to express yourselves."

i will admit, it is confusing though, what with Winston Smith moderating the "Complainers Corner" and all....

it's also odd that something appears to not be my fault.

OSF aka roundtracker
Carol, if you believe that someone is using multiple posting accounts you should take that up with the board admin. they will be able to tell you if the posts are origination from the same address.

So before OSF gets on here and starts in, I'll just say STFU.

i don't think that was really necessary, was it?

i'm sure roundtracker and OSF can both speak for themselves. and i'm pretty sure Carol was intentionally saying what she said. that doesn't look like a mistake to me.

Suncoast Auto Body - paint, collision repair, frame straightening and Auto sales
1050 Old Dixie Highway

IN
Old 09-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Super Late Model

Default i know

several months ago osf called me. when we were still "friends"... he told me he was using that name. i dont know who tells the truth anymore... this has all gotten out of hand...it is possible he told me another similar name with "round" in it and IF thats so then i apologize for that.... however OSF has not been treating me like the friend he once was and the post was to him...not anyone else. i dont need to run from any of you and i sure dont need to STFU....
i told osf he was changing and has become cruel and nasty....you guys are no better. Todd wrote a good post and my reply was to thank him...it wasnt about obama or anyone else...it was about babies being slaughtered....by doctors!
what a waste this board has become....a few ruin it for many..... gentlemen..."start your insults"...show the world what ya got! im out of here! have a life to live!
carolwicks (real name}

p.s. obama did not vote in favor of abortion... he voted in favor of choice...the women who choose abortion and the drs. who perform it are responsible for their own choices...you all say the govt. is making all of our choices but when he gave us the choice, you still complain...personally i think any dr. who performs partial birth abortion of babies is guilty of premeditated murder....there are plenty of couples who would give that child a loving home...

Last edited by carolwicks : 09-11-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Super Late Model

Default you might be right...

i think you might be right about the nic...osf's was roundy something... so Bob.. i do apologize... if you guys had the balls to post with your real names it would give you alot more credibility....but in the scheme of life...who really cares... im sorry this time osf because i was wrong about the nic...however you too have been pretty nasty to people lately and you never were this way... i feel bad....
tenney... i dont know you but im wondering how you would react to some guy telling your mother to shut the fu&& up.....on a forum that all her peers read....you never struck me as this kind of man....
have a nice day...im gonna... my tests came back negative so life goes on for a little longer..;-}

OZ aka carolwicks
Old 09-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Veteran

Drama, Drama, Drama!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Gold Member

Ms. Wicks, In 1997 The Junior Senator from Illinois opposed a bill preventing partial birth abortion. He also voted against a bill that required minors to get parental consent for an abortion. Then the sickest part of all voted against legislation to protect an infant that is born alive after a failed abortion. He got on the house floor and voiced his opinion on the matter!

He didn't vote in favor of choice because abortion was legalized in 73 or so by the supreme court in a law called Roe vs. Wade. He has just voted at every opportunity to make it easier and in my opinion more disgusting with his stance on partial birth abortion and failed abortions!

How do I know that you voted for Obama? That is a no-brainer by reading your posts and look at how you defend him in this one!

My daughter wrote a paper on the Junior Senators stance on abortion. But you can google it and find out for yourself. But if you get this new information you may not be able to live with yourself for voting for this imbecile!!!!!!

So by your logic Odumba should be guilty of murder for voting for partial birth abortion!

Signed O.S.F. or Roundtracker (Not my real name)

p.s. obama did not vote in favor of abortion... he voted in favor of choice...the women who choose abortion and the drs. who perform it are responsible for their own choices...you all say the govt. is making all of our choices but when he gave us the choice, you still complain...personally i think any dr. who performs partial birth abortion of babies is guilty of premeditated murder....there are plenty of couples who would give that child a loving home...[/quote]
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Gold Member

tenney... i dont know you but im wondering how you would react to some guy telling your mother to shut the fu&& up

Carol, John hasn't posted in this thread.

Signed O.S.F. or Roundtracker (Not my real name)

sigh. nevermind.
http://www.realracinusa.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7168

you kids these days.

he voted in favor of choice.

there is always a rationalization.

scientifically speaking, it's not her body that's getting razorbladed up and sucked out the end of the vacuum hose.

abortion is off topic from the issue of refusing preventive health shots so that the mother might have a chance to carry the baby to term though.

1050 Old Dixie Highway

IN

Last edited by Todd McCreary : 09-11-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Gold Member

I will now. Carol you voted for Obama?

If so - you are on IGNORE
Old 09-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Super Late Model

Default No matter how hard you try....

....ya just can't fix stupid.

I try to never take anybody who develops their personal views and stances on political, religious and pretty much every thing else from downloading and reading internet mass mailings and evening news sound bites.

I also learned a while back that no matter what a certain somebody types on here that she is never, ever "done" with anything nor is she unaffected, emotionally, by other people's posts.

....and if ANYONE ever needed an STFU.......it's you know who.....perhaps people are just fed up with pointless lip-flippers and have decided to call a spade a spade.....or a drama queen a drama queen.

Winston Smith (my real name)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Super Late Model

Default hmmmm

maybe there should be a reason for some abortions! some of them are on this board! they slipped thru the sheets! i cant believe i answer you... must be fun!
Happy Birthday to me !!! arent you glad im alive...????
luv u all!
carolwicks aka OZ
Old 09-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Gold Member

maybe there should be a reason for some abortions!

now you're implying that you'd like for other posters to be killed?

and you think this complementary to anyone's opinion of you?

*sigh*

Carol, every one of your posts tells us something about you. just as every one of our posts tells you something about us.

how many people are you going to falsely accuse while still wondering why they're getting aggravated with you?

1050 Old Dixie Highway

IN
Old 09-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Super Late Model

Default i worry about you guys.

lol... i am 67... i have worked HARD promoting racing for the last 12 years. been to almost every track. did several radio shows, been to track promotions, and much much more... this yr. i have been pretty ill and a bit depressed etc. so what do my greatful loving race family do... read all your posts. thank you very much for taking all the fun out of racing and for trying to make me feel like a low classed idiot.
God bless you all for your kindness... yes, i did make an error... but at least i had the decency to apologize...whatever makes you feel like big strong guys and helps you sleep at night....
i cannot hate people. i hate some of the things they do but we are all human and we all make mistakes.....except you guys!
. i have too many people who love me and appreciate me to worry about 5 or 6 who dont.have a wonderful weekend.
carolwicks aka OZ
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Super Late Model

Default i worry about you guys, too.

lol... i am 46...i have been involved in racing from the time i was old enough to sweep the shop floors at my Dad's repair shop. been to or raced at almost every track in Florida and several others out of state. didn't do several radio shows, been to a helluva lot of track promotions, and much much more...

Not that I would try and BURDEN you folks with my personal problems anyways, but I am doing GREAT this year! I have a great job, a great family and friends out the flippin' ying-yang. Oh...and I've, uh, been depressed too. And I had the flu...backed my truck into my wifes car all on my own, shot two deer, I hooked up with a bunch of my old friends on Facebook, lost 24 lbs, marvelled at how well my boy plays guitar, hated to see the track I love going down the tubes (DSP), worked probably a dozen codes(DOA's), one emergency child birth and was first in when the fuel tanker went off of I75 and burned, didn't mind a bit Lakeland being shuttered, got kicked off a silly message board for speaking my mind but not breaking any rules, saw Rush, Cheap Trick and Styx and I met some weirdos up at Ocala Speedway.....and I gave blood a bunch of times.

I am, after all, a big strong man.

I feel blessed by the bejeezus hisself.

I truly hope I impressed/sickened/bored/humored the 5 or 6 of you who can't stand/really like/couldn't care less about me or my life.

YAAHHOOOOO!!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Super Late Model

Default Matt Thornton...

you are proof positive that we evolved from a$$e$...oooops... it was apes...sorry.... just once... one time only...do you think you could be nice...??? GFYS!
carolwicks aka OZ
Old 09-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Super Late Model

Default Carol Wicks....

Let me think.....

Nope.

But I will say I hope you get treatment for the dementia you seem to suffer from. It would really make ALL of our lives better. Did you think I'd be mortally embarrassed by you putting my name at the top of your rant?

Right.

If people don't know who I am or what my name is by now (like it really matters) then they aren't regulars and they couldn't care less about the little dramas you like to whip up.

Please.

You like to keep reminding people of how old you are. You should try acting it once in a while.

And GFYS? Tell ya what.....you first, Superfan.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Super Late Model

Maybe we should ask Nobama to raise the abortion age to 67.

When you guys decide to GFYS.......call me, I want to watch.

Just my thought also..... Partial abortion is MURDER.
Abortion should not be allowed as a form of birth control. Abortion should only be allowed in rape cases and health threat to the mother. JMO

Take your meds Carol.... OSF's other name was Roundy D Roundy I believe.(something like that)
-JIM-

Sponsored Links