Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > KARNAC's FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2020, 10:13 AM
Super Late Model

Default "Judgement Call(s)"

Since the first short track and probably the first turn, the inside guy and the outside guy make contact resulting in a caution.

Many times this results in retaliatory action, and more than occasionally results in both guys thinking they got porked.

So...where is the line drawn between:

"I was under him", and "He spun me out", and the closely related "He cut down on me" vs "He spun me out" in your opinion?

Last edited by OldSchool+ : 09-24-2020 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:43 PM
Super Late Model

This issue is quite situational based on the competitors.We had one "gentleman" who if he was on the pole would invariably take you as high as he could into turn one.If you let him do it you were assured to come out third or worse. The only solution was you had to lean on him first to prevent it.If they won't give you racing room you have to create it.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:27 PM
Super Late Model

My .02

Judgement calls are as much a part of racing as it is sports that only take one ball...

Race Director/Flagman for example. May see things from a different perspective from someone in turn 2 or 4. Happened this weekend at 4-17. Human error is part of the sport.

Everyone is going to see an incident just a little bit differently. Even though only one person is right, rarely does arguing your point actually accomplish anything.

As they say, that's racin'!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2020, 07:56 AM
Super Late Model

"Everyone is going to see an incident just a little bit differently. Even though only one person is right, rarely does arguing your point actually accomplish anything."--Mr Jacques

Agreed. With all three stated thoughts there. I believe there is a set of unspoken rules --that does not change. The only thing that changes is perspective.

AS A RULE, fans wise, if someone is a Logano (or pick one) fan, if he spins someone out, it was the other guy's fault somehow. REGARDLESS of the details of the crash.

I can recall watching Big Mean E clearly take someone out and a supporter close by said "Anybody else woulda done it too".

Last edited by OldSchool+ : 09-25-2020 at 10:59 AM.
Sponsored Links