Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > Nostalgia & the Good Ole Days > Stump the Fans Photos
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2007, 05:51 AM

Default O.K. South Florida Racers.......

I need some help here.

I'm putting detail with my pics, articles, etc. from "back in the day" on disc and I'm trying to identify the name of a race track.

For a few years before I began driving in 1968, I was crewing on my Brother-In-Law's (Kenny Faircloth) Late Model. In 1967, we ventured out of town for the first time to race a 100-lap Championship down in Ft. Pierce, Florida.

What I'm having trouble with is identifying that race track. I have searched "Yesterday's Tracks" here on this site as well as Google and other short track racing sites and for the life of me can't find any trace of it. In fact, I even started to doubt my memory thinking maybe we were someplace else and I'm just having a senior moment but I confirmed the town with Kenny yesterday. It was definetly Ft. Pierce.

See below a few related pics from that day & time.

The first is an actual shot taken on the front straightaway that night at Ft. Pierce by a local photographer after Kenny won. Kenny is center, I'm on the left and Kenny's Cousin Stevie is on the right. On the back of this photo is; "Gold Coast Racing Photos by Chet Overton, 2720 Parker Avenue, West Palm Beach, #832-7665. And no, I haven't tried the phone number. I assumed it would be disconnected by now.

The second pic is a shot of Ole' "Midnight" that we won the race with. This shot wasn't taken at Ft. Pierce but it is the same car we took down there. This pic was from GGS the same year.

Appreciate any help with identifying this track.

Sponsored Links