Old 07-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Street Stock

Default NSS Memorial ...thank you Hart family

Yay for NSS...super track..great drivers..hope there is a good field!!

THANK YOU HART FAMILY FOR KEEPING THIS TRACK GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2018, 11:47 AM
Super Late Model

I second that! I started going as a spectator in 1980, and ran my first race there in 1998. Has always been my favorite short track.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:51 AM
Super Late Model

Can't wait for work to finish up today so I can head to the track. Love me some racing on Thursday.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2018, 12:09 PM
Super Late Model

Is there an entry list floating around out there? Thinking about making the drive from Jacksonville this evening. Also, I haven't been to NSS in a few years -- are coolers allowed in the stands?
Old 07-06-2018, 09:24 PM
Super Late Model

No, Joe, neither is around, but---coolers haven't been allowed at New Smyrna Speedway in almost 30 years, per Volusia County code, so it reads. However, Volusia County Speedway still does allow coolers. Go figure.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:20 AM
Super Late Model

Totally anemic field - 13 cars and only about 6 of those were really competitive... I feel so bad for Mr. Hart to be looking down and having to watch what is happening to the sport he loved... This race drew 40 cars only a few years ago... Support class fields weren't very good either... Was glad I stayed home... Hopefully Rusty can get things turned around...
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2018, 02:01 PM
Street Stock

...hmm, I spent good money to watch a good race and compliment the facility...you spent 0 dollars and bashed things...
are you actually gainfully employed..if so by who cause you seem to be very negative in general..
perhaps we will create a new area were you can complain...perhaps its what you do best complain...kinda like my xwife...lol
Old 07-08-2018, 06:21 PM
Super Late Model

Default You should back off

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius1234 View Post
...hmm, I spent good money to watch a good race and compliment the facility...you spent 0 dollars and bashed things...
are you actually gainfully employed..if so by who cause you seem to be very negative in general..
perhaps we will create a new area were you can complain...perhaps its what you do best complain...kinda like my xwife...lol
You should back off a little. Dave is just specking the truth. As a kid,I couldnt wait for the weekend to get here, NSS ran on Fri & Sat nites. There was no place like it. The last 8-10 yeasrs have not been so good there. Things have goten out of hand with $ and rules. I would love to see NSS to be back on top, an maybe with Rusty there things will get better. Robret will have to trust him to do the right thing. And if Rusty makes a mistake here and there, so be it. We al;l want the same thing, but you can not sugar coat a turd. Let's show them how to do it Rusty!
Old 07-08-2018, 09:29 PM
Super Late Model

Nah, i am kinda with aquarius on this, i went and enjoyed the show. If you didnt go, dont complain. They did put on a good show, especially with the weather. They kept the crowd involved and did everything they could to have a great show.

Car counts were low, but not abysmal. Good racing in the races i saw. Other than car counts, it was well run and exactly the kind of show that short track racing needs.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2018, 11:47 AM
Super Late Model

Considering the terrible weather, i'd say the turnout of both spectators and racers was pretty good. There's only so much a track can do when they're fighting the rain, but NSS did everything they could to get the show in. And the majority of the fans stayed to the end.
There was some great racing in all of the classes. Brad May and Jeff Choquette sure put on a great battle for the lead in the first half of the race. And David Rogers came from a long way back to be a contender over the final laps.
And there was the battle between Sean Bass and Patrick Harris in the Sportsman race. Both drivers showed some real skills.
James Ellis just decided to come to New Smyrna and race his OWM. Last minute decision, didn't even bring anyone else with him. We've all seen him race and win at Citrus and Showtime, he did a pretty fair job at NSS also.
Also had a good conversation with Geoffrey Bodine in the pits.

Last edited by Renegade Racing Fuels : 07-10-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:20 PM
Street Stock

Ok xracer...the truth is that life changes...look in the mirror your not the same as before...perhaps you still attrack super models and will wait for 40 car count races...till then I will be living my life hear on earth...see you at the strip club..and the drag strip!!! or not...
Old 07-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Super Late Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancrdave View Post
Totally anemic field - 13 cars and only about 6 of those were really competitive... I feel so bad for Mr. Hart to be looking down and having to watch what is happening to the sport he loved... This race drew 40 cars only a few years ago... Support class fields weren't very good either... Was glad I stayed home... Hopefully Rusty can get things turned around...
seems sour grapes to me Dave. concentrate on A'DALE while you still work there. you have been around
I watched a great race myself at a well run and my favorite track. good support classes turn out too
-JIM-
Old 07-11-2018, 11:26 AM
Super Late Model

Guess I'm living in the past... 13 SLM would be fine anywhere right now for a regular show but a race of this magnitude should draw at least 23-25... The other classes actually had OK counts (now that they finally posted the results so I could see what was there) A dozen Modifieds is about the biggest count for them in quite some time and congrats to my buddy Ricky Moxley for getting the win... and Jim, yes I'd be happy with car counts of 12-15 in any class at Auburndale right now...
Old 07-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Super Late Model

Baer Field in Fort Wayne Indiana cancelled a scheduled event for Thursday of the Main Event Outlaw bodied latemodel series.The reason being they only had ten confirm they would show up.As the track owner stated on a Facebook post this week that ten cars on a half mile track represents the worst race program possible.This is a car count of the last 4 Superlate races I have been to.Auburndale last event-12,Showtime Fenton 104-14, Citrus County Speedway -16, 4-17 Speedway- 15.Meanwhile the Wheelman Sportsman Series last event at Citrus County Speedway had 29 cars.My last race in 1983 pit passes were $15.Race Fuel (which I never ran) was in the neighborhood of $2 or so per gallon.Flash ahead 35 years.Have payouts risen accordingly in comparison to the jump in everything else? Of course not.Not to mention there were a lot more racetracks that still existed 35 years ago making long distance travel (and even more expense) unnecessary to quite a few.Numbers don't lie and if you can't see it you will never fix it.