Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > Complainers Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Street Stock

Default Boycott Jeff Scofield

After seeing the video of Jeff Scofield wrecking Jake Perkins at Full Throttle (Jake Perkins Motorsports Fan page on Facebook) it begs to ask the question why Florida tracks permit this type of behavior. If Florida racing wants to get to the next level it must stop this type of behavior. It is my understanding that the number 07 was not penalized for this and then later went on to drive his car against traffic while going after another driver. What is wrong with this picture? He calls it rubbing! Why would anyone want to race in Florida? There are so many talented drivers ( ie. Jake Perkins, Anthony Campi, Tim Russell, Steve Doer, only to mention a few) who could compete at a larger level but there talent is overshadowed by the irrational and dangerous behavior of the likes of Scofield. Is it not time that drivers boycott tracks that support behavior such as that of Jeff Scofield. Just wondering.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:58 AM
Super Late Model

It's not the first incident Jeff has been involved in, for sure. It looked to me like Jeff got impatient and decided to move Jake. But things like that are the domain of track officials, they decide who gets punished and who doesn't. If you want to boycott someone, boycott the track.
From the tone of your post i'd guess you're related to Jake. He's a nice guy and has plenty of talent. And given the right breaks he'll go a long way in this sport. The behavior of a few drivers isn't what's held Florida drivers back. The ones who want to move forward usually find a way. Look at Brian Finney.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Street Stock

Nothing personal with Jake or Scofield. I have met Jake and do respect and like him. My concern is the state of racing in Florida. You are correct when you say it is up to the track to a certain degree but if the tracks are not going to do anything what would be the next step? Quit racing in Florida. I constantly hear and see (look at car counts and fan counts) how dismal racing is becoming in Florida. Florida is one of the greatest hotbeds of sports (football, basketball, etc..) and it should be no different in racing. I love the sport and I want to see it flourish in Florida. I also want to see racing as safe as possible. Unfortunately it seems tracks are afraid to hold drivers behavior to higher standards because they are concerned with car counts. I would like to see the tracks and drivers work together to make Florida racing what it could and should be. I am not an expert but I do not think it takes an expert to see something needs to change in Florida racing.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Super Late Model

Do you really think driving like that is isolated to Florida? It happens anywhere and everywhere.

Matt, boycott the track? You are kidding, right?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Super Late Model

Brian Finney moved to ARCA because he was tired of the horseshit that goes on in local short track racing. He got burned out on spending more time fixing broken racecars than racing them. Too many rich kids that don't mind tearing your stuff up.

He's having fun loading up the family, traveling to new and different places, and racing with a group that operates with a lot more respect from the drivers on track.
He also said last year, that he is looking to add an intermediate track car to go with the short track car. Hopefully we'll see Brian race more often, but he's not running the superspeedways at this point.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:17 AM
chevyj31

Jeff---perkins?
Jeff---boyd??
Jeff--- dorer??
Jeff--- campi??

hmmmmm?!!!!!

whos next, I cant believe the tracks put up with his bull crap
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links