Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > KARNAC's FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2021, 04:41 PM
Super Late Model

Default So sad .

Just can't believe how dead this site is . Used to be a fun board . So sad with so much great racing to talk about . But everybody's gone .
Old 02-28-2021, 06:08 PM
Super Late Model

151 views and no comments , this is exactly why this board is dead . Anyone still here is afraid to comment I guess . Man what happened to all the fun that used to happen here ? Or have all the old guys been kicked off ? Is there another board I'm not aware of ? Does tunaman have his own board ? Anyone hear from Ocala Jim? As near as I can see Bone is the only guy left still posting . I realize we are getting old but come on guys !
Old 03-01-2021, 10:56 PM
Late Model

Yep, I hear ya. I still stop by now and again to see what’s new in local racing. I don’t understand haw Facebook or whatever can really replace a dedicated racing site. Sometimes I miss some local races just because you have to constantly dig around to find all the schedules. On a positive note for anyone who hasn’t heard - The World of Outlaws Sprint Cars just announced some additional dates in Florida!! They will be at Volusia this coming Friday night and at East Bay on Saturday. I haven’t had a chance to see those bad boys in a long time, I will definitely be at East Bay this Saturday. Anyone else going?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2021, 12:00 PM
Super Late Model

I understand but I'm sorry its not facebook thats killed this forum . There must be other reasons as I still see many people at all the local racetracks young and old .
Old 03-03-2021, 12:08 PM
Super Late Model

Maybe its too many rules and unpopular changes . I sure would love to see this forum return to the way it used to be . Back to the way Jack wanted it to be .
Old 03-04-2021, 04:38 PM
Super Late Model

'Splitter,

Seems to me that news is important but, ya know, it ain't the steak that sells, it's the sizzle.

In other words, a provocative title regarding a controversial issue (ie, dirt vs asphalt, mirror driving or no, what constitutes "dirty driving" etc.).

And then, MORE THAN TWO FOLKS DISCUSS AND/OR DEBATE the issue. THAT theoretically begets more "views" and more posts, and the deal grows organically.

Now, I kind of tried to help out in that dept, but wound up making most of the posts, and the counterpoints sometimes were off point...

So, I waits for something interesting to yap about.

Last edited by OldSchool+ : 03-04-2021 at 04:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2021, 04:41 PM
Super Late Model

So whaddaya got?

Who knows, maybe the racing community will... get... woke

Last edited by OldSchool+ : 03-04-2021 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:41 PM
Super Late Model

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming:

https://youtu.be/ih4_1FyVjaY?t=20
Old 03-08-2021, 10:34 AM
Super Late Model

Well at least I managed to get 2 people to respond . Its a start I hope . Now if we can just get people to post upcoming races and impossible to find results .
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2021, 03:07 PM
Super Late Model

Heck nobody even posts in complainers corner anymore . Or the comics section . The classifieds aren't getting anything either . Come on people ! Let's get this site back to life again !
Old 04-05-2021, 07:31 PM
Super Late Model

So does anybody have any ideas or suggestions on how we can get this site back to life ? I believe if everyone puts in an effort we can get this place hopping once again . But it will take everyone involved to make it happen . And that means those in charge of this site must help and put in the effort required . By making this site welcoming to tracks wanting to post results and scheduals without restrictions .I'm sure if all are willing and everyone helps get the word out there maybe it will come back .so anyone got ideas ? Or am I wasting my time ?
Old 04-05-2021, 08:57 PM
Super Late Model

https://youtu.be/sTcBgs2huRo?t=2
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2021, 09:30 PM
Super Late Model

Really ? That all ya got ? Thats why this site is dead .no vision or effort to improve . Posting a utube video isn't going to get anything done . Or interest anyone in helping . Entertaining the 3 of us that are here wont get it done . We need to really increase our numbers . Someone with the authority to do it needs to reach out to those we have lost and work towards positive results . Only those in charge can make a difference . It can and should be attempted . It should be done to bring Jack's place back to life .
Old 04-05-2021, 09:41 PM
Super Late Model

Now on a positive note , I see Patrick Thomas is now racing on dirt at volusia . He always used to post on here .how about someone reaching out to Patrick and see if they can get him to come on here and update us on his progress and schedule etc . And then maybe others will come along to join the conversation .
Old 04-06-2021, 04:56 PM
Super Late Model

Yo, splitter, there are lots of topics. Larson, recently. Hit any of 'em.

This is your crusade, where is your topic?

I will comment if at all possible.

Otherwise, many have suggested the "kum-bay-yah" approach, but folks seem to buy girl scout cookies if they are in that frame of mind.

Last edited by OldSchool+ : 04-06-2021 at 05:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2021, 06:34 PM
Super Late Model

As I previously said my topic is the powers that be in charge around this site need to do something positive to revive this site . It should not be up to me or you or any other member to do the work needed .you or me can make up 500 topics to discuss but in the end as you can plainly see it will only be the two of us discussing it since we are the only ones here .I've suggested a few topics already but nobody is interested I guess . I've been to showtime , citrus , auburndale nss , volusia ,putnum , 417 all this year seen plenty of familiar faces and racers .racing is still rocking in florida . Just not on here .I can't fix that nor can you .only those who broke it can rebuild it .just hoping somebody cares .but I have a feeling not many do .

Last edited by timesplitter : 04-06-2021 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Add text
Old 04-06-2021, 07:43 PM
Super Late Model

I feel like they keep the site up, and no doubt there are some fees and maintenance and whatnot, and I am thankful they are providing the, um, forum for us to have a place to yak. I will wager no one has bought a late model with the profits.

Meanwhile, the "racing is dying" theme is across forums, from slot cars to rc to whatever.

I believe we have lived in the best of times, and it is soon going to devolve into "E" racing. Maybe "virtual" E racing.

Anyway, you are a member of one, I look forward to kicking the tire around with you sometime.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:28 PM
Super Late Model

The Message Board forum of Karnac may not be what it once was, but Sunshine State Racing is doing a fantastic job with their stories and race reports on the front page. Have you seen their live race broadcasts? As smooth and professional as you can get. I was so impressed with the work of Sunshine State Racing, my company is now advertising here.
I do get the point of your thread, it would be cool if it were a little livelier on this forum. Like the newspaper, the "discussion forum" may be a thing of the past? Perhaps most folks now come to Karnac for the media content, preferring to air their praises or grievances on social media?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2021, 06:36 PM
Super Late Model

Counterpoint: Look at the number of views for each thread.

With few exceptions, the number of views goes up with the number of posts.

1 post = news

Many posts = maybe something interesting
Old 04-10-2021, 03:17 PM
Administrator

This message board is old and out dated. We can no longer update it or make it as secure as it needs to be. The majority of people can no longer sign on if they didn't have a saved password as it will no longer allow people to update them. It's a dinosaur and it has seen it's day. Robert and the new gang are going to start a new one soon and this one will stay for the history on it.

Rick Anges -
Announcer/
Admin-KARNAC.com Message Board
rick@karnac.com
Old 04-11-2021, 09:49 AM
Super Late Model

Rick that sounds great ! I can't wait ! Hope you are doing well .thanks for responding and giving us news for a new site to enjoy .
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links