Go Back   Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum > FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING > KARNAC's FLORIDA STOCK CAR RACING
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2019, 08:02 AM
Super Late Model

Default Morgan Shepherd at Darlington

I went to Darlington and watched yesterdays Xfinity race. It was really cool! Yeah, I got to watch a bunch of Florida racers like B.J. McLeod, Josh Williams and Ray Black Jr. Josh and Ray collected so many Darlington stripes that we could almost not read the numbers on the door!

When I saw that 77 year old Morgan Shepherd was in the race, I expected him to be a 5 lap start-and-parker. I watched him climb in his car, he popped right in and he showed the flexibility and strength of a driver 30 years younger.

Even though the results showed him in last, that is deceptive. The fact is, Morgan was at speed and ran the whole race. At one point, he had a miss in the engine, and pitted for a few laps to get it fixed. Towards the end, I think he had a pass through pit penalty. So he finished last because no one dropped out, but I admired the effort and speed of a 77 year old driver....and on a hot day too!

Last edited by Boneman : 09-01-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Super Late Model

You left out the part about it being the lady in black which adds to his credibility.
Sponsored Links