Thread: Jack is gone...
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Super Late Model

Very sad to hear this news. Jack filled a need here in Florida with THE best web-site that covers our local racing news. It was through this site that I had been given opportunities that I would never have had without him. It was Jack that got me on a microphone for the first time (one of the radio shows), and talked me through the nervousness ( I was damn near sick) to be able to speak for about 2 hours on a mic. This gave me the courage to put together my passion, the Modified Reunion. Talking to a crowd was something I never would have gotten through without him. On top of that, he hauled all the equipment to the first 2 Reunions... at least a 3 hour drive each way... just to support my efforts. I will always be grateful to him for that.

He also set me up with Karnac credentials to cover some out-of-town races. Jack & Karnac are not only known in Florida, but they are recognized in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, as well as New York. This speaks volumes for the man he was, and the work he did.

But the biggest thing Jack gave me.... was all of YOU. I can't count how many friendships I have throughout the state, that would not... could not... happen if it wasn't for this site.

Jack and I had our share of screaming matches, but far more often, we had a heartfelt handshake, and a respect for what each other stood for. We're both passionate people about our sport, and that mattered more than anything else.

The world is a better place because of Jack Smith. I will never forget him, and will always appreciate his contributions to our sport. He will be missed greatly. Best Wishes to his family and friends. We all lost a good man....
Sponsored Links