Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum

Real Racin USA Motor Sports Forum (http://www.realracinusa.com/forums/index.php)
-   Jack Smith (http://www.realracinusa.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Jack is gone... (http://www.realracinusa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16477)

carolwicks 08-08-2011 06:33 AM

Jack is gone...

This morning at 6:15 Jack Smith passed away. He will be missed by many.
Memorial services will be posted as soon as they are finalized. God bless you my friend. My heart is broken but I know your suffering is over.
Your friend always...
Carol Wicks

Rick Williamson 08-08-2011 06:55 AM

Thanks Carol.:(

Rick Anges 08-08-2011 07:13 AM

God speed my Brother....

billy badd 08-08-2011 07:24 AM

God Bless you Jack, your family and friends. While we will miss you, but your suffering is over, and I'll be looking forward to seeing the Big KARNAC when I join you in Heaven. GOD BLESS. billy

rknhvc09 08-08-2011 07:26 AM

R.I.P. JACK!!!! NO MORE PAIN!:engel016:

flvideo 08-08-2011 07:31 AM

Till we meet agin Brother!

May God bless the girls and Kathy. Lord be near to them during this most difficult time. No more pain and no more suffering.

D&R CHASSIS & GRAPHIX 08-08-2011 07:38 AM

He will be greatly missed.Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family during this difficult time.May he rest in peace. :(

Randy & Denise Strehle

ronabneysr 08-08-2011 08:22 AM

may you rest in peace jack

we will miss you and thank you for ever thing you done for us
ron abneysr and family

UREZ2PASS 08-08-2011 08:35 AM

Rest in peace Jack. Godbless his family and friends.

bubba 08-08-2011 08:40 AM

Rest in Peace - and thanks for all you have done.

Carol Andrews 08-08-2011 08:44 AM

Our Thoughts and Prayers to the Family.
From Auburndale Speedway

dibbs7j 08-08-2011 08:47 AM

Thank you mr.smith. May you rest in peace.

The Ocala Speedway 08-08-2011 10:25 AM

RIP friend.

Rick B. 08-08-2011 11:07 AM

Love and will miss you my friend !

To Kathy and the Girls, I am sorry for your loss and I know it hurts, but one thing I can promise you is that when Jack accepted the Lord in March 2010 he had a mansion reserved for him in Heaven. He is seeing a wonderful place, and he is feeling no more pain.

Jack, enjoy the splendor of Heaven as you see Jesus face to face. Please say Hi to my mom, mother in law, other relatives, little Kaleigh Helmick, little Aisylin Bledsoe and many of our racing friends that have joined you there. I look forward to seeing you again one day !

Jane 08-08-2011 11:21 AM

Like Carol, my heart is broken into many pieces right now. Jack was my friend and I loved him dearly. I thank God he is no longer suffering but I also will truly miss him. Right now I just don't have the words to say everything I want to because my heart is hurting Cathy, if you need anything, please call me and I am there for you. To his daughters, I am very sorry for your loss.

Jack Smith was a true friend that I loved dearly and I know one day, I will see him again In the meantime Jack, you won't be forgotten and will always be in my heart forever. Rest in peace my dear friend and know you were important to alot of people.

Always, Jane

John Berti 08-08-2011 11:26 AM

Jack, you have left this world and will no longer be experiencing the pain you suffered over the last several months. You are taking up a new residence with God in heaven. No pain, no suffering, walking on streets of gold, living life eternal in happiness and joy with the great almighty.

You were always someone special to me. I will miss you and never forget all you had done for me in Florida motorsports.

My condolences to Kathy and the rest of the Smith family. Let the words of our Lord comfort and assure you that all is well with Jack. He is in good hands and in a better place.

Jesus prepares a special place for believers in heaven.

John 14:1-3
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." (NIV)

ancrdave 08-08-2011 11:27 AM

Jack left us with so many great memories so let's cherish those until we meet again... Always had fun hanging out with Jack at USA Intl in Lakeland wearing out our shoes walking around... you will be missed my friend!

SeminoleWind 08-08-2011 11:45 AM

My condolences to the Jack Smith family. Jack's work has left a lasting legacy. Also, I extend my sympathy to all of Jack's friends who are suffering at this time of his passing.
I never met Jack, but had seen him many times at East Bays Winternationals with camera in hand. I also remember the excellent radio shows a few years back.
God Bless.

Kevin Shaw

ams311 08-08-2011 12:15 PM

Rip

RIP jack we will all miss you so much thank you for all the good you have done for KARNAC and racing we will always love you man:engel016::ernaehrung004:

canedogs06 08-08-2011 12:20 PM

all of us at hutcheson racing send our thoughts and prayers to jacks family.
Thank you jack for all that you have done. rip

Brian hutcheson
hutcheson racing 06

mark41 08-08-2011 01:39 PM

our thoughts and prayers go out to the Smiths in this time, Jack was a good man that did alot for the racing community, he will be missed but not forgotten. God speed......R.I.P. Jack

racnphotos68 08-08-2011 01:45 PM

To all of Jack's friends and most importantly his family, God bless you in this time of trouble. I think we are all better off for having had him as a friend and I for one hope I can continue his passion of the sport forward from this day in his honor. Just knowing that he is in a better place gives me a little comfort.

Michael Fettig
Action Shots Photography

Bigbuck 08-08-2011 02:05 PM

While I never knew or met Jack, I have a heavy heart t this time. He definately added a lot to racing in Florida. I have come to know some of his friends and my heart goes out to all of them and their families.

Joanne Lucas 08-08-2011 02:22 PM

Rip

To the wonderful GOD that took Jack this morning, Thank You for taking care of him for all of us and his beautiful wife and children. Knowing how much comfort he is going to be in makes me know that he is now resting with no pain.
Hey Jack, let us know when you have your first race. Rest my friend. Always
Joanne and Paul Lucas
jpracing45

Kim Brown 08-08-2011 02:48 PM

From everyone at FASCAR, our thoughts and prayers are with the Smith family at this time. Thanks to the Smith family for the sacrifices you all have made over the years so Jack could work to make the Florida racing community a better place.

Jimmy McKinley 08-08-2011 03:55 PM

We've lost a lot of good 'uns this year - Donnie Tanner, Larry Brazil, Larry Moyer, Scarborough...and now Jack. While I only met Jack one time at the 2008 Modified Reunion, I could tell he was a fun guy and loved the sport of short track racing to help put on that event with Jerry and Carol. It's always sad to lose someone, but to lose someone that really cared about the sport...makes it that much harder.

My condolences to Jack's family. Maybe we'll meet again some day ;)

Jimmy McKinley

Winger 08-08-2011 04:55 PM

RIP Jack. Nothing more can be said.

gary laplant 08-08-2011 05:45 PM

R.I.P Jack you are going to me missed.
Our Thoughts and Prayers go out to the Family.

Gary Laplant and Family

Craig 08-08-2011 08:03 PM

Im so lost for words with the Passing of Jack Smith, Right now words just seem cheap.Rest In Peace Jack Smith as you have help out so many and have help Florida Racing more then anyone ever has. God Speed Jack and to the family of Jack Smith Im so sorry for your lost but we are all here for you if you need us.

Craig
FFS

Osmosis Jones 08-08-2011 10:04 PM

Liner notes...

Hey Jack...you'd better tuck that ponytail up under your hat when you're walking up to the gates....or at least try flashin' em' your press credentials. They just might let you slip right by, man.
You'll be in some good company around there and I'll bet the bench racin' is going to be epic. I just hope you don't crash the server up there while trying to write them all up as stories for tomorrow's front page.

Jack, my prayers are with the family members you are leaving behind and hopefully they can take some solace in the fact that you made such a positive impact on so many people in the short time you were involved in racing. Not many people can match what you've done for racing and the racer's themselves.
You have your legacy and you will be remembered well.
Thank you, Smith family, for sharing Jack with us for a while.

So Rest In Peace, Jack.
No more pain for you or the worries of this crazy life.
You've won your race.

And, hopefully, we'll all get to see you again when we finally pass tech.

Matt Thornton