Urgent News!

I just got a call from Jacks daughter. She said Jack wanted me to post on here and Facebook for him. He begs us to pray for him…
Jack was taken by ambulance to Fawcett Hospital last night. He cant bear the pain anymore. He is in room 330.

Jack also has a daughter in California he wants to see… they don’t have enough for the $400 airfare so if anyone can bring April to her dad it will fulfill one of his last prayers.

Thank you for your understanding… please spread Jacks prayer request on your facebook…
Carol wicks

Will keep Jack and his family in our prayers.

I hope he can rest comfortably at the hospital. Breathing problems accompanied with pain must be miserable. Jack is in my prayers.

;-(

the family have contacted Hospice.

Jack is in our prayers. And the fact that the man behind this website is suffering so much certainly puts the petty infighting and name-calling by a half-dozen polluters on here into perspective.

where he is…

Jack is at Fawcett Hospital in Port Charlotte on Olean Blvd and Harbor. hes in room 330…dont know how long he will be there. he is seeing a Dr. as i write this. will keep you informed… his daughter said he is “calm”…
carol

I agree , we should be praying for Jack and THINKING before we write something insulting or offensive to others.

I couldn’t agree with you more oldyeller! Ms. wicks please contact me asap i will take care of the ticket. Lets get his daughter here soon.

T. Carreno

iIt is very sad for us to here this about Jack. He will be in our thoughts and prayers. we will add him on our prayer list.

Tony. PM me your address and I will help you offset the cost. Thank you for your generosity.

Tony…

i love you so much. to have a friend like you is truly a special gift from God. The ticket has been taken care of but i relayed your message. the thought is amazing. your heart is pure gold.
Kevin and Terry Williams from Punta Gorda Speedway have secured a ticket for April. Jacks wife and his daughters are astonished … the racing family has done so much for Jack.
He is getting something implanted in his back to dispense Morphine. i will keep you informed.
Tony, Andrew and all who have shown love to Jack, i thank you from the bottom of my heart. God bless you all.
today is my sons birthday so if you need me call my cell. 941-380-4180… thanks you again.
carol

Carol called me early this morning with the news of Jack and his wish. Since I just saved my home, I don’t have any money but I have plenty of prayers for Jack. Jack and I may have had our differences but we have been friends way too long to let that stop a friendship that has lasted so long. My thoughts and prayers are with Jack, Cathy and the girls and hopefully I can find the gas money to go see him.

Cancer took Jack’s best friend and never once did he ever think he would end up with cancer but we just never know. I lost my best and oldest friend two years ago to cancer and know the pain she went thru and I don’t wish that on anyone. I pray that God will help the doctors ease his pain and that he gets to go home and have the time he wants with his family. Thank you for helping making that wish come true and bringing April home. I know how much Jack loves his family.

Jack Smith is a good man, a good husband, and a good father and right now he needs all the prayers he can get and more. Whether you like him or not, it doesn’t hurt to pray for him. We are all God’s children in the end afterall.

Jack, know you are in my thoughts and in my prayers and if there is anyway I can make it to your home, I will. Remember, we have always shared one thing in common - our last good name of Smith. We aren’t kin but we are Smiths.

God bless you, Cathy and the girls.

I’ll break my own promise of not posting here any more - Tony, drop me a line with your address and I’ll send you a check to kick in some money.

thought’s and prayer’s sent to jack and his family!

I am devastated at this moment. Jack has been like an older Brother to me and I owe everything that I have now in racing etc. to him. I am sending all my prayers to him and Cathy and the girls.
I Love You Brother…

I never knew Jack, but KNOW he is a great man. I will pray for him. There are lots of other people hurting too, lets pray for all of them.

Rick

I am sorry for your pain.

Holy Cow!

I just got home from town and wasn’t near a computer. Robert called me to let me know about Jack. I want to express my deep appreciation to all who have reached out to Jack during this time. Its a time like this that make me proud to be a part of the racing community. I would like to publicly thank Kevin and Terry for the love that they have shown today. I am proud to be a part of the Punta Gorda Speedway Team. They have made racing fun for me agin. God bless You! Bob…

Rick

My heart goes out to you man. I know how close you have been with Jack for several years. Just Know man Jacks in the habds of the Master and he has perfect peace with whats happening to him. I have talked with him several times in the past few months and him and Kathy both have found that peace. I have a will pray for you to find peace with this. Bless you brother. Bob…

latest news…

i just got home from the hospital. jack is pretty weak. 2 of his daughters were there and his granddaughter and wife. just his oldest daughter and i stayed. he doesnt want to be alone so i try to stay until he falls asleep. we talked to a nurse about DNR which is something he may have to deal with tomorrow. i asked the nurse if he could change his mind at the last minute and she said yes so Jack felt some relief in that. he is terrified of more broken bones. he has another broken bone in his back and the rest are fragile.
we didnt tell him about his youngest daughter coming to see him. the family want to surprise him tomorrow. i will let you know how that goes.
i told Jack about the outpouring of love from the racing family and he broke down and cried. he is so much in need of love and prayers now and all of you have made Jack feel as tho he never worked in vain and he has REALLY made some awesome friends.
i speak from Jack and i speak from myself. God bless all of you and thank you so much for the gift of love you have bestowed to Jack Smith.
Love you all
carol wicks…
will keep you informed. call me at any time.
941-629-7451 or 941-380-4180

Thank You Carol…You are a blessing…Tell him He is in my thoughts…