Country Justice

A high powered New York City Lawyer decided he needed some relaxation time and that he wanted to go hunting. He got the training, the high powered rifle with scope, the camo gear, the Silverado, all of it.

He traveled upstate, and pulled over at what looked to be a good spot. Sure enough, a few geese took off, he happened to nail one, and it fell to the ground.

Meanwhile, an 80+ year old farmer was slowly making his way across the field on his old tractor, spied the goose, and placed it on the back of the tractor.

“Hey old man” the lawyer cried, “what are you doing with my goose?”

“Well now, it fell on my land, and it is on my tractor. That there is my goose, sonny” came the reply.

“You don’t know who I am! I am a big time lawyer and I will sue you for everything!” said the lawyer.

"Well maybe back in the city, but up here we settle things by kickin’ " said the farmer.

After a pause, the lawyer said “Okay, how does that work?”

“Well, we each kick each other three times until someone gives up, and the winner gets to keep the goose. Since it is my land, I go first”.

The lawyer sized him up, thought this should be no problem, and agreed.

The first kick was to the shin and suprisingly hard–and with a steel toed boot. The lawyer dropped to his knees. The second caught him in the groin, and he fell to the ground, gasping, and the third was to the side of his jaw.

Slowly the lawyer rose, spitting blood, seeing red, and said “Okay old man, now it is my turn, and I hope you are ready!”

“Hold on, there sonny” with a twinkle in his eye, the farmer replied "I give up. Here’s your goose!"